Russian President Putin announced that they have decided to take a military operation. In his speech, Putin said, “Modern Russia, established after the collapse of the Soviet Union, is the greatest power in the world. Let no one doubt that this will lead to the defeat of the attackers. All Ukrainian soldiers who lay down their weapons will be able to reunite with their families without any hindrance. "All responsibility for the spilled blood will belong to the conscience of the Kiev regime," he said.
The developments since the beginning of the military operation in the region are as follows:
German Chancellor Scholz called on Russia to immediately cease military action.
It was claimed that the bases of Bayraktar UAVs were hit in Donbass, where Russia launched an operation.
The Ministry of Emergencies of Ukraine announced that two villages in the Lugansk region were out of the control of the Ukrainian armed forces.
CNN shared footage of a military convoy entering Ukraine from the Belarusian border.
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson had a telephone conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Russia's military action. “President Putin chose the path of bloodshed and destruction by launching this unprovoked attack on Ukraine. "Britain and our allies will respond decisively," he said.
The Ukrainian army claimed that the air elements shot down 5 Russian planes and 1 helicopter in the Lugansk region. In its previous statement, the Ukrainian army claimed that it shot down a Russian warplane. The Russian Ministry of Defense denied this claim.
The Ukrainian Army made a statement on the Russian operation. “On February 24, at 5.00, the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation started to hold our units in the east with intense artillery fire. In addition, it launched a rocket-bomb attack on the airports in the Boryspil, Ozernomu, Kulbakinomu, Chuguev, Kramatorsk and Chornobayivtsi regions," the statement said, adding that the attacks continued along the border. It was announced that the information that Russian troops made a landing in Odessa is not true.
According to the news in Sputnik, the titles of Putin's address to the nation are as follows:
- Russia will try to disarm Ukraine.
- The invasion of Ukraine is not within Russia's plans.
- (To the citizens of Ukraine) The Crimeans made their choice. Our steps are self-defense against threats.
- I want to appeal to foreign powers. Whoever tries to pose a threat to Russia will be responded to immediately.
- I count on the support of the Russian people.
- For the past 30 years, Russia has been trying to compromise on NATO's eastward expansion, but has always faced deception, pressure and blackmail attempts. NATO's war machine is approaching Russia's borders.
- The Soviet Union weakened and collapsed in the late 1980s. This has been a lesson for all of us that paralysis of the will leads to extinction.
- (About the steps of the USA) Everything in the world that did not comply with the hegemon was declared unnecessary. And if someone disagreed, they had him on his knees.
- It is impossible for Russia to feel safe, develop and exist in the face of a constant threat from Ukraine.
- Founded after the collapse of the Soviet Union, modern Russia is the world's greatest power. No one should doubt that this will lead to the defeat of the aggressors.
- Attempts by Russia to reach a compromise on non-enlargement of NATO have been futile. The situation becomes more dangerous as the alliance expands. We can no longer remain silent about this.
- The US and its allies have a policy of 'containing Russia'. But for us this is a serious threat to the existence of Russia.
- (To the citizens of Ukraine) Let's not allow anyone to interfere in our relations.
- (to the Ukrainian armed forces) Comrades! Your fathers and grandfathers fought against the Nazis, defending our common homeland. That's why I don't think you're happy with the neo-Nazis taking power. Please drop your weapons and return to your homes. All Ukrainian soldiers who lay down their weapons will be able to reunite with their families without any hindrance. All responsibility for the spilled blood will belong to the conscience of the Kiev regime.
- Current conditions force us to take decisive and urgent measures. The people of Donbass asked for help from Russia. In this context, I have decided to conduct a special military operation in accordance with Article 7, article 51 of the United Nations agreement and the mutual aid and friendship agreements reached with the Donetsk People's Republic and the Lugans People's Republic, approved by the Federal Assembly with the approval of the Federation Council.
Explosions in Kiev and Donbass
During the statements of Russian President Putin, explosions were heard in the capital of Ukraine, Kiev, and in the cities of Kramatorsk, Kharkov and Berdyansk in the Donbass region.
On the other hand, air raid sirens can be heard in the center of Kiev.
Explosions also occurred in the city of Odessa.
The Russian Ministry of Defense announced that the targets after the start of the operation are Ukraine's military infrastructure, air defense systems and military ports. "High-precision weapons disable the military infrastructure, air defense facilities, military airfields and aviation of the Ukrainian army," the statement said.
The ministry said the military operation did not threaten the civilian population.
Militia of the Donetsk People's Republic sözcüEduard Basurin stated that there were violent clashes along the entire front in Donbass.
According to the news of Sputnik, Basurin called on the Ukrainian soldiers to lay down their arms.
Biden's first statement
After Russia's decision to operate, US President Joe Biden said, "I will announce the results Russia will face on Thursday."
"Russia is solely responsible for the death and destruction this attack will bring," Biden said. "The United States and its allies will respond with unity and determination," he said.
Russia closes its airspace to civil flights
After Russia's military operation decision on Donbass, Russia announced that the airspace on its western border with Ukraine and Belarus was closed to civilian flights.
All flights in Ukraine have been suspended.
THY General Manager Bilal Ekşi also made a statement that 'all our flights to Ukraine today have been canceled due to the closure of the Ukrainian airspace'.
Zelensky: Keep calm, stay home, army is doing its job
While martial law was declared in Ukraine after the Russian operation, President of Ukraine Zelensky said, “Stay calm, stay at home, the army is doing its job.”
After the operation, “I am here, the army is working. Ukraine kazanit will hurt!” Zelensky urged to act with restraint.
Kremlin: Putin met with Erdogan
The Kremlin announced that Russian President Putin had a telephone conversation with President Erdogan of the AKP.
Ursula Von Der Leyen: Kremlin will be held to account
Ursula Von Der Leyen, President of the EU Commission, made a statement after Russia's Donbass operation.
“The Kremlin will be held accountable,” Leyen said. In these dark times, our hearts are with Ukraine and the innocent women, men and children who are faced with this unprovoked attack and fear for their safety.”(Haber.Left)