Izmir, the capital of Turkish fairs, will host 2022 fairs in 31. İzmir Metropolitan Municipality Mayor Tunç Soyer, who attended the introductory meeting of the fairs to be held in the new year, said, “İZFAŞ will continue to expand the economy of our city and the exports of our country in 2022. It will bring İzmir together with the world and our country will be a pride in the field of fairs," he said.
Izmir, the city of fairs, will experience colorful and active days with the fairs to be held in 2022. Organized an introductory meeting regarding the fairs they will organize in 2022, Izmir Metropolitan Municipality Mayor Tunç Soyer said that they will double the number of fairs this year to 31. In addition to the Chairman Soyer, the Chairman of the Izmir Chamber of Commerce Mahmut Özgener, the Chairman of the Aegean Region Chamber of Industry Ender Yorgancılar, the President of the Union of Chambers of Tradesmen and Craftsmen Zekeriya Mutlu, the CEO of ESBAŞ Dr. Faruk Güler, Deputy Mayor of Izmir Metropolitan Municipality Mustafa Özuslu, Secretary General of Izmir Metropolitan Municipality Dr. Buğra Gökçe, İZFAŞ General Manager Canan Karaosmanoğlu Buyer, TÜRSAB representatives, bureaucrats and members of the press attended.
Soyer: “We will continue to increase our contribution to exports and the city”
Making the opening speech of the meeting, Izmir Metropolitan Municipality Mayor Tunç Soyer said that the fairs organized by İZFAŞ are the solution to the deepening economic crisis in the country after the pandemic and the bottleneck experienced by almost every sector, and that they made a great contribution to exports in the country in 2021. Stating that 2021 provinces, including İzmir, managed to exceed the one billion dollar threshold in exports in 21, Soyer said, “İzmir became the fourth largest exporting city in Turkey. İZFAŞ, which succeeded in establishing a bond between İzmir and the world, undoubtedly undertook an important task in increasing exports throughout Turkey. We are determined to continue the contribution of İzmir Metropolitan Municipality and İZFAŞ to our sectors, exports and the city economy by expanding it in 2022. Throughout 2022, we will organize many fairs throughout the four seasons at Turkey's largest and most modern fairground, Fuar İzmir. This year, the number of our fairs is doubled. İzmir will host 2022 fairs in 31, together with the guest fairs with which İZFAŞ cooperates.
“Exhibition contributes to 3,2 million people”
While planning new fairs, they carefully examined the production and export trends of İzmir and Turkey; Stating that they give priority to the service, manufacturing and industry, agriculture and food sectors, Soyer said:
“The fair industry feeds many sectors with the direct and indirect commercial potential it creates, becomes a medium for sales and increases employment. According to the figures announced by the Global Fair Industry Association (UFI), the annual economic size of fairs around the world is 137 billion dollars. The world fair industry provides employment for 3,2 million people directly or indirectly. It mediates a business volume of 325 billion dollars. As such, the opening of more and more qualified fairs in İzmir also makes a direct economic contribution to our city. The main purpose of İZFAŞ is not limited to enlarging the fairs in square meters only. Beyond that, to increase the welfare of our country by increasing exports. The main issue of our country is the crisis in the economy and the ever-deepening poverty. That's why I've been saying and implementing it since our election campaign. Our main goal for İzmir is to increase the welfare of our city and to ensure its fair share. I know that it is not possible for us to walk towards this goal without İZFAŞ fairs. With İZFAŞ, not only sectors, but also everyone from taxi drivers to shopkeepers, from villagers to workers, from hotels to coffee shops get their share. İZFAŞ will continue to expand our city's economy and our country's exports in 2022, bring İzmir together with the world, and be a pride in our country's fair organization.”
We are ready to support
Aegean Region Chamber of Industry Chairman Ender Yorgancılar said, “We are really lucky about the fair. Our Izmir is one of the most preferred cities by foreign capital coming to Turkey. İzmir is an industrial city, these products should be exhibited. We can meet with the world through fairs. We will continue to provide all kinds of support,” he said.
Fairs carry our city to the future
Mahmut Özgener, Chairman of the Izmir Chamber of Commerce, said, “We attach great importance to these organizations. We see the fairs we host as important structures that carry our city to the future. In addition to world-brand fairs, we will be together at brand new fairs this year. We will grow together,” he said.
We are very lucky as people of Izmir.
Zekeriya Mutlu, President of the Union of Chambers of Tradesmen and Craftsmen, said, “We, the people of Izmir, are very lucky people. Izmir is such a kind city to call the castle made of stone Kadifekale. Izmir is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. When you search for a fair on the internet, the first thing you see is İzmir. When you write Izmir, the fair will be the first to come to you. We are making an effort to serve our city, our country and the world by developing the legacy of Izmir and the fair that we have left to us together," he said.
four seasons fair
İzmir Metropolitan Municipality's fair organization company İZFAŞ; It carries the understanding of fair organization to the four seasons with its fairs, festivals and culture-art events. Increasing its fairs in the second half of 2021, İZFAŞ; İzmir Metropolitan Municipality hosted 34 sectors and 210 sub-sectors with the fairs. Izmir, Turkey's fair city, also contributed significantly to the year-end export figure, which reached 32,9 billion dollars with an increase of 225,4 percent. In 2022, with 11 new fairs, İzmir will host 31 fairs together with guest fairs.
What are the new fairs?
While İZFAŞ adds Terra Madre, Flowera, Logistech fairs to its calendar, Wecycle, Brandex, IBS Mother, Baby and Child, Road, R&D P&D Innovation Industry and Technologies, İmatech, Jewellery and Construction, Real Estate and Urban Transformation fairs are the fairs where it joins forces. will be implemented with companies. This year, Terra Madre Gastronomy Fair, Terra Madre Anadolu İzmir, which is held every two years in Italy under the leadership of the world's largest food movement Slow Food, will be organized at Kültürpark on September 2 – 11 this year. The fair, which will be held for the first time in Turkey simultaneously with the 91st Izmir International Fair, will bring small manufacturers together with the world.
The number of fairs will double
İZFAŞ aims to double its fairs in line with its 2021-2024 strategic goals and to keep the doors of Fuar İzmir open 365 days a year. With its renewed vision of international fair organization, İZFAŞ; creates a more competitive trade environment and brings together high value-added production with exports. İZFAŞ, which contributes to the promotion and tourism activities in addition to prioritizing the growth of the country's economy, will concentrate in the spring and autumn months in line with the demands of the sectors in the fair calendar.
2022 Izmir Fairs:
- 2-6 February Agroexpo – 17th International Agriculture and Livestock Fair (Orion Fair Organization)
- 16-19 February Horeca Fair – 3rd International Hotel Equipment and Hospitality Hospitality Technologies Fair (GL Platform Fuarcılık)
- 2-6 March Modeko – 33rd International Izmir Furniture Fair (Efor Fuarcılık, Nobel Expo)
- 16-19 March Leather & More – 4th Leather and Leather Apparel Fair (İZFAŞ)
- 16-19 March Shoexpo – 48th İzmir Shoe and Bag Fair (İZFAŞ, Nobel Expo)
- 30 March-2 April Marble İzmir – 27th International Natural Stone and Technologies Fair (İZFAŞ)
- 12-14 May We-cycle – 1st Environment and Recycling Technologies Fair (İZFAŞ, Efor Fair Organization)
- 12-15 May Brandex – 1st Dealership, Brand Chain Development and Investment Fair (İZFAŞ, SNS Fair Organization)
- 14-21 May 1st Hobby and Sports Festival (Orion Fairs)
- 25-27 May Marentech Expo – 1st Offshore Energy Technologies Fair and Conference BİFAŞ (United Fuar Yapım A.Ş.)
- 26-29 May Olivtech İzmir – 10. Olive, Olive Oil, Dairy Products, Wine and Technologies Fair (İZFAŞ)
- 26-29 May 11th Ecology İzmir Fair (İZFAŞ)
- 31 August - 3 September Shoexpo – 49th Izmir Shoe and Bag Fair (İZFAŞ, Nobel Expo)
- 31 August-3 September Fashion Prime – 5th Textile, Ready-to-Wear Suppliers and Technologies Fair (İZFAŞ)
- 31 August-3 September FashionTech İzmir – 2nd Ready-to-Wear Clothing, Apparel and Printing Machines, Textile Printing Technologies Fair (İZFAŞ, İZGİ Fuarcılık)
- 2-11 September 91st İzmir International Fair (İZFAŞ)
- 2-11 September Terra Madre Anadolu 2022 İzmir (İZFAŞ)
- 23-25 September IBS 1st Mother, Baby and Child Fair (İZFAŞ, Dimension Fair Organization)
- 28 September-1 October 1st Food Fair (GL Platform Fairs)
- 29 September-2 October Pet İzmir – 6th İzmir Pet Fair (Tema Fuarcılık)
- 12-14 October Road2Tunnel – 5th International Highways, Bridges and Tunnels Specialization Fair (İZFAŞ, Ark-Maven Fairs)
- 12-15 October Flowera – 1st Ornamental Plants Landscape and Cut Flower Fair (İZFAŞ)
- 12-15 October R&D P&D – 1st Innovation Industry and Technologies Fair (İZFAŞ, Eko Global Fairs)
- 21-23 October Beauty Expo – 2nd İzmir Aesthetics Cosmetics Beauty Fair (Start Fairs)
- October 26-28 Logistech – 1st Logistics Storage and Technologies Fair (İZFAŞ)
- 2-5 November Imatech – 1st Machinery Industry and Production Technologies Fair (İZFAŞ, İZGİ Fair Organization)
- 22-25 November IF Wedding Fashion İzmir – 16th Wedding Dress, Suit and Evening Dress Fair (İZFAŞ)
- 22-25 November 1. İzmir Jewelery Fair (İZFAŞ, SNS Fair Organization)
- 8-10 December Travel Turkey İzmir – 16th International Tourism Fair and Congress (İZFAŞ, TÜRSAB Fair Organization)
- 8-11 December Travel Turkey İzmir Outdoor – 2nd Camping, Caravan, Boat, Outdoor and Equipment Fair (İZFAŞ, TÜRSAB Fair Organization)
- 22-25 December 1st Construction, Real Estate and Urban Transformation Fair (İZFAŞ, Nobel Expo)