Who Can Have Surgery in Hernia Treatment, 7 Items, Who Can Heal With Physical Therapy

Who Can Have Surgery in Hernia Treatment, 7 Items, Who Can Heal With Physical Therapy
Who Can Have Surgery in Hernia Treatment, 7 Items, Who Can Heal With Physical Therapy

The majority of the society complains of low back, back or neck pain at certain periods of their lives. Although these pains are mostly due to mechanical problems, that is, in the muscles or ligaments, most of them are caused by joint degeneration or disc herniation, that is, hernia.

Expert Physiotherapist Altan Yalım from Therapy Sport Center Physical Therapy Center gave information about hernia treatment and said:

“As many of us know, 'Hernia' is a state of pressure either on the nerve roots at that level or on the spinal cord by tearing the sheaths of the discs between the joints. Surgery is required in 3% of these cases, while the remaining 97% recover with drug therapy or, in more advanced cases, physical therapy. As it is known, the problem of hernia causes serious limitations and loss of work force in patients, but long-term relief can be achieved with purposefully planned physical therapy and exercise programs. Being late in serious complaints can sometimes cause irreversible damage, so you should go to the doctor immediately, especially in the signs of loss of power. said.

Specialist Physiotherapist Altan Yalım noted the following about which conditions may or may not be surgical in hernia treatment:

1- Pain alone is not sufficient for surgery, if there is numbness, further examination should be performed.

2-Although movement limitations suggest a hernia, they often point to muscle or ligament problems.

3- Only numbness in the hands or feet can be confused with some nerve compressions, even if they are hernia findings.

4-Complaints of cold hands and feet are not among the hernia findings.

5-Loss of muscle strength is the most obvious symptom for surgery, a doctor should be consulted in case of loss of fingers or ankle muscles.

6- Balance problems in walking or falling of hand-held objects are symptoms for further examination.

7-Sometimes, the pain may occur not in the waist or neck, but also in the leg or arm stimulated by the relevant nerve, in these cases it should be examined.

Similar Ads

Be the first to comment

Comments