In the post made on the Twitter account of the Ministry of National Defense, it was announced that the Tuzla class TCG KİLİMLİ and TCG KARADENİZ EREĞLİ patrol ships carried out firing naval acceptance tests in the Black Sea within the scope of the Submarine Defense Warfare (DSH) Rocket and Launcher System Supply project.
Within the scope of the National Anti-Submarine Warfare Rocket and Launcher System Procurement Project; Our TCG KİLİMLİ and TCG KARADENİZ EREĞLİ patrol vessels successfully performed their firing Sea Acceptance Test activities in the Black Sea. pic.twitter.com/cy2tFGyvtb
- Republic of Turkey Ministry of National Defense November12st
Roketsan Anti-Submarine Warfare Rocket is one of the main weapons of Tuzla class patrol ships designed and built by Dearsan Shipyard. The system was developed as a shorter range, easy to integrate and lightweight alternative to torpedoes. The rockets that follow a ballistic trajectory continue to sink when they enter the water and explode according to the time setting of the fuselage.
General features of the system:
- Servo-controlled turret structure stabilized on two axes
- Accurate shooting at the target area by using the information of the sensors (sonar, ship gyro, meteorological sensors, etc.) available on the ship.
- Integration into the Combat Management System
- Highly accurate ballistic calculation capability
- Salvo firing capability
- Automatic and manual orientation and continuous tracking on the driving and altitude axes
- Being ready to fire at any time after commissioning and working without time constraint
- System level fault detection and localization