İzmir Metropolitan Municipality 2022 Fiscal Year Expenditure Budget was planned as 12 billion 500 million TL. 5 billion TL (40 percent) of the budget was allocated to investments. Despite the economic crisis Turkey is going through and the financial conditions aggravated by the pandemic, the significant share allocated to investments by the Izmir Metropolitan Municipality has drawn attention.
The details of the budget draft prepared by the Izmir Metropolitan Municipality for the year 2022 have been announced. The amounts planned to be allocated to the activities to be carried out in the city according to the budget to be submitted for approval within the scope of the November council meetings are not clear. kazanwas. Despite the economic crisis Turkey is going through and the financial conditions aggravated by the pandemic, the significant share allocated to investments by the Izmir Metropolitan Municipality has drawn attention. In the table where the resources of the works that will be realized in 2022 in İzmir are created item by item, the 2022 Fiscal Year Expenditure Budget of İzmir Metropolitan Municipality is planned as 12 billion 500 million TL. 5 billion TL (40 percent) of the budget was allocated to investments.
Poverty and responsibility increase
İzmir Metropolitan Municipality Mayor Tunç Soyer stated that they had to use limited resources with a very meticulous planning in order to meet the increasing population and the growing needs of the city, and said, “While we were creating our 2022 budget, we distributed our resources in a balanced way, without giving up on investments or social supports. In the last 1,5 years, the number of households that we provide regular and continuous social assistance to increased by 140 percent from 23 thousand to 55 thousand. This number will reach 65 thousand by the end of the year. Under these conditions, we support our citizens who are struggling with their livelihoods and allocate a budget for giant investments that will solve the transportation problems of the city, especially rail systems. The year 2022 will be a turning point in which very important projects are completed in terms of services that will carry İzmir into the future. We will march to the centennial of our Republic in a strong, determined and planned manner.”
For the world city Izmir
In addition, 2022 projects and services for which the most resources were allocated for the 19 Fiscal Year budget came to the fore. While the projects that are prioritized in line with the vision of Izmir Metropolitan Mayor Tunç Soyer to “make Izmir a world city” continue to increase day by day, steps are taken to facilitate the daily life of the people of Izmir. In 2022, more than 1 billion resources were allocated to increase the comfort of public transportation and to further develop the rail system. İzmir Metropolitan Municipality, which embraces families in need in extraordinary times with its social and transparent municipality motto, has allocated an important resource for social aid for 2022. By blending urban tourism, cultural texture with historical richness, İzmir's position in the international arena is one more important. kazanA share was also set aside for the works to be carried out with the target of cost.
The 2022 main headings that came first with the amount of investment and service in the 19 Fiscal Year budget of İzmir Metropolitan Municipality are as follows;
• 1 billion 100 million TL for asphalt coating, maintenance, repair and arrangement on transportation roads,
• 510 million TL for Buca Metro within the scope of the Light Rail System Project,
• 301 million TL for the construction of tram lines,
• 250 million TL for the construction of the Fahrettin Altay-Narlıdere District Governorship Metro within the scope of the Light Rail System Project,
• 201 million TL for expropriation works,
• 190 million TL for the construction of engineering structures, tunnels and connection roads between Buca and Bornova,
• 170 million TL for İzmir Opera House,
• 156 million TL for Kemeraltı and its environs renovation projects and programs,
• 150 million TL for the construction of Izmir Light Rail System vehicle storage facilities,
• 117 million 500 thousand TL for the Dairy Lamb Project,
• 100 million 10 thousand TL for in-kind and cash aid to those in need,
• 100 million TL for the modern, innovative and themed green areas project,
• 97 million 680 thousand TL for periodically checking and spraying the breeding areas of pests,
• 96 million 800 thousand TL for the development of the smart traffic management system,
• 80 million TL for vehicle and construction equipment purchases,
• 66 million TL for underpass and overpass works on transportation roads,
• 60 million TL for the construction, maintenance and reinforcement of municipal service facilities, buildings and warehouses,
• 50 million TL for the removal of rain water from the roads and for the improvement of streams.
6 main sectors in budget distribution
The first six sectors in line with the 2022-2020 Strategic Plan draw attention in the 2024 budget distribution of the Izmir Metropolitan Municipality. The "Infrastructure" strategic area, where road, bridge, asphalt, urban transformation and planning projects are carried out, takes the biggest share with 34 percent. The "Quality of Life" strategic area, which includes transportation and traffic, renewable energy, environmental health, social services, health and sports projects, occupies the second place with 24 percent. The "Democracy" strategic area, which includes social aid and social projects, digital transformation and urban justice projects, takes the third place with 15 percent. In the fourth place is the strategic area of “Learning by Experiencing and Institutional Capacity”, which includes activities carried out both to provide quality service to citizens, to improve the working conditions of the personnel and to increase their capacities. “Culture-Art and Nature” strategic areas share the fifth place with a share of 8 percent. In these sectors, projects that protect, reveal and revitalize the cultural and natural heritage of the city are carried out, sustainable waste management activities and nature and climate-friendly activities of the city are continued. Finally, the "Economy" strategic area, which supports and develops tourism and agricultural economy, occupies the sixth place with a share of 7 percent.