Damages may occur in agricultural production due to natural disasters or climatic conditions. Such situations can cause farmers and agricultural producers to experience serious financial losses. Agricultural insurance, on the other hand, is a state-supported type of insurance that protects those engaged in agriculture against many negative situations.
What is Agricultural Insurance and TARSİM?
Agricultural insurance, which is a state-supported insurance type, aims to prevent and minimize material damage that may occur due to natural disasters or climatic reasons. Agricultural insurance protects the production of agricultural producers with policy-based guarantees. All studies on agricultural insurance in Turkey are managed by the Agricultural Insurance Pool (TARSİM). The purpose of TARSİM; Covering risks related to agricultural production, determining standard agricultural insurance policies, organization of damage, making indemnity payments, developing and disseminating agricultural insurance and carrying out other technical services. 50% of the agricultural insurance premium amount is covered by the state, the remaining amount is paid by the producers.
What is the Scope of Agricultural Insurance?
TARSİM insurance coverage is quite extensive. Depending on the type of policy, the insurance may include plant products, sheep and goats, poultry, bees, aquaculture, greenhouses, agricultural tools and machinery, and agricultural structures. Agricultural insurance terms vary depending on the type of insurance. Types of agricultural insurance include:
- Crop Insurance: Field crops, vegetables and cut flowers can be insured against loss of quantity and quality caused by natural disasters and weather conditions.
- District-Based Drought Yield Insurance: Certain products produced in dry agricultural areas and certified seed products of these products can be insured against weather-related risks throughout the district.
- Greenhouse Insurance: The products in the greenhouse can be insured against the loss of amount arising from the risks specified in the policy, as well as the losses incurred in the greenhouse equipment can be covered by the insurance.
- Cattle Life Insurance: Bovine animals that are eligible for insurance and registered in the Livestock Information System (HAYBIS) are insured against the risks specified in the policy.
- Ovine Life Insurance: Ovine animals registered with HAYBIS that are eligible for insurance are insured against the risks specified in the policy.
- Poultry Life Insurance: Poultry produced indoors and eligible for insurance are insured against the risks specified in the policy.
- Fisheries Life Insurance: Fishery products grown in facilities suitable for insurance are covered within the risks specified in the policy.
- Beekeeping Insurances: Hives registered with HAYBIS and Beekeeping Registration System (AKS), which are eligible for insurance according to the results of risk examination and assessment, can be insured against the risks determined by the policy.
How is Agricultural Insurance Made?
State-supported agricultural insurance is made in different ways according to the insurance branch. You can follow the following ways to get agricultural insurance:
- For crop product, greenhouse, poultry and aquaculture insurances, it is necessary to register to the Farmer Registration System (ÇKS) from the Provincial or District Directorates of Food, Agriculture and Livestock or to update the existing registration.
- For bovine and ovine animal insurance, it is necessary to register to the Animal Information System (HAYBIS) from the Provincial or District Directorates of Food, Agriculture and Livestock or to update the existing record.
- For beekeeping insurance, a registration must be made to Animal Information System (HAYBIS) and Beekeeping Registration System (AKS) from Provincial or District Directorates of Food, Agriculture and Livestock or the current registration must be updated.
After these procedures, you can complete the TARSİM insurance process by applying to the agents of the authorized insurance companies.
Günceleme: 30/10/2021 12:08
Be the first to comment