Uluç Batmaz, Mercedes-Benz Türk Aksaray Factory Director / Executive Board Member; “We continue our activities with the efforts of Turkish workers and engineers and with the quality of the Mercedes-Benz brand. This journey, which we started in 1986 with 85 production units and 290 employees in the first year, has expanded to become one of the most important truck production centers today. Today we have produced over 300.000 and have over 1.600 employees. We are proud of this development of our factory.”
Mercedes-Benz Türk Aksaray Truck Factory, which was opened on October 11, 1986, celebrates its 2021th anniversary as of October 35. Mercedes-Benz Türk Aksaray Truck Factory, which is one of the important truck production bases of Daimler Truck AG and produces at world standards, continues to renew and develop itself with its investments since the day it was founded. Mercedes-Benz Türk Aksaray Truck Factory, which produces 10 out of every 7 trucks produced in Turkey; continues to contribute to Turkey's economic and social development with its production, employment, R&D activities and exports.
More than 35 million Euros have been invested in the Mercedes-Benz Türk Aksaray Truck Factory in 500 years. Aksaray Truck Factory, which employs more than 1.600 people today, has an R&D Center as well as truck production. In addition to production, significant investments are made in the fields of product development and technology solutions, increasing employment and exporting engineering to the whole world by breaking new ground.
Süer Sülün, Chief Executive Officer of Mercedes-Benz Turk; “Our factory, which we opened on October 11, 1986, has become one of the most important truck centers in the world today. In the last 54 years of the 35-year history of Mercedes-Benz Türk, we continue our journey with new duties, both locally and globally, by successfully fulfilling the responsibilities we took in Aksaray. As Mercedes-Benz Turk, we are proud of our contribution to the economic situation in changing the fate of a province. Over time, we saw that Aksaray became a 'Mercedes-Benz City' as one of the best examples of local development. We have always aimed to provide high quality service with our uninterrupted investments that we have made in 35 years. We provide added value to the economy of both Aksaray and Turkey with our largest employment provider in the province, our production, exports, R&D and investment activities. Thousands of our employees have contributed to the development of our Aksaray Truck Factory.” said.
Mercedes-Benz Türk Aksaray Factory Director / Executive Board Member Uluç Batmaz, “We continue our activities with the effort of Turkish workers and engineers, with the quality of the Mercedes-Benz brand. This journey, which we started in 1986 with 85 production units and 290 employees in the first year, has led us to become one of the most important truck production centers today. Today we have produced over 300.000 and have over 1.600 employees. We are proud of this development of our factory. In addition to our production activities, we also undertake the role of the only road test approval authority in the world for trucks bearing the Mercedes-Benz star, with our R&D Center located in our factory. With our R&D center, we have a say in the entire truck world within Daimler and contribute to our country with our engineering exports. By turning all the responsibilities we take into success, our Aksaray Truck Factory will continue to take firm steps forward into the future. We would like to express our gratitude to all our employees and stakeholders who contributed to this success.” said.
Aksaray Truck Factory continues to contribute to employment
Aksaray Truck Factory, a production facility that affects tens of thousands of individuals when the family of each employee and their contribution to the employment of supplier companies are included, is one of the most influential centers in Turkey in its field.
A world brand in truck production
Aksaray Truck Factory, one of the most important truck production centers of the Daimler world, the production adventure that started with Mercedes-Benz 1986 and later Mercedes-Benz 1922 trucks in 2622 continues with Actros and Arocs models today. The factory, which produced 2020 trucks in 13.492, produced 2021 trucks in the 9-month period between January and September 15.701.
Total exports exceeded 86.000 units
Mercedes-Benz Türk Aksaray Truck Factory, which produces at high standards and quality, exports trucks to more than 10 international markets in Western and Eastern Europe. The truck export of Mercedes-Benz Türk Aksaray Factory, which produces 10 out of every 8 trucks exported from Turkey, has exceeded 2001 units since 86.000, when the first export was made.
Aksaray signature in truck R&D
Aksaray R&D Center, which was established within the Aksaray Truck Factory with an investment of 2018 million Euros in 8,4, assumed new responsibilities in the truck product group. At the same time, Aksaray R&D center is a road test approval authority for Mercedes-Benz trucks. Contributing to Turkey's achievements in engineering exports, Aksaray R&D Center strengthens the position of both Turkey and Aksaray.
The lowest levels in energy consumption have been achieved with energy saving projects
The energy power capacity of the Aksaray Truck Factory has been increased by 65 percent with new investments made in recent years. Within the scope of these investments, highly energy efficient and automated equipment was commissioned in the factory facilities and buildings.
Automation and standardization were achieved in the infrastructures of all buildings at the factory. Thanks to the heating systems, lighting, high-pressure air and water systems that allow the production to be programmed in accordance with the shift system through the Facility Management (FM) 4.0 central control room, energy is used more efficiently and the rate of increase in consumption is kept under control. Within the scope of energy saving efforts, energy savings were achieved by monitoring instantaneous building temperatures and managing all of the ventilation systems and other heating systems instantly.
Additionally; The Energy Management Software Robot was commissioned for the first time in Turkey. Thanks to the functions of this software robot, such as instant tracking of all consumers, regression analysis and informing consumption data via e-mail, energy can be managed more transparently and efficiently.
Thanks to the ISO 50001:2018 Energy Management Certificate, continuous improvement in energy efficiency is guaranteed at the Mercedes-Benz Türk Aksaray Truck Factory. Thanks to the ongoing energy efficiency efforts, more than 35 percent energy savings were achieved per vehicle, while the lowest level ever was recorded in consumption and gas emissions per vehicle.
In 2020, the use of high-pressure air in manufacturing equipment was optimized and closed completely during non-manufacturing times, reaching the lowest level of high-pressure air use ever.
Awarded "Zero Waste Certificate"
Mercedes-Benz Türk Aksaray Truck Factory, which fulfills important responsibilities such as establishing the necessary equipment and system infrastructure and providing environmental training to the employees in accordance with the "Zero Waste Regulation" of the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization, was awarded the "Zero Waste" by the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization officials in October. Certificate” was awarded. Thanks to the work done, Aksaray Truck Factory succeeded in increasing the waste recycling rate to 98 percent.
Social development has been supported in Aksaray in 35 years
Mercedes-Benz Türk Aksaray Truck Factory continues to contribute to Turkey's economic and social development. The factory, which also prioritizes education, established a training house in Aksaray in 2015 in cooperation with the Contemporary Life Support Association by 22 volunteer teachers to support the education of children in the region. Volunteer teachers and Mercedes-Benz Türk Aksaray Truck Factory employees who graduated from different and distinguished universities in Turkey provide support training for children at the Education House.
Mercedes-Benz Türk Aksaray Truck Factory, the largest industrial enterprise in the region, continues to contribute to the development of the Turkish automotive industry and the region with its competitive products, its R&D Center and social responsibility projects it undertakes.
Mercedes-Benz Türk Aksaray Truck Factory in Numbers
- The 2021th truck was unloaded in 300.000 and today, 10 out of every 7 trucks produced in Turkey leave the Mercedes-Benz Türk Aksaray Truck Factory.
- Mercedes-Benz Türk, which has produced more than 35 trucks in 300.000 years, has exported a total of more than 86.000 trucks to date.
- Today, 80% of Turkey's total truck exports are realized by Mercedes-Benz Türk Aksaray Truck Factory. In other words, 10 out of every 8 trucks exported from Turkey leave the Aksaray Truck Factory.
- The factory, which employed 1986 people in 290, is the biggest employer of Aksaray with its more than 1.600 employees today.
Milestones of Aksaray Truck Factory
- 1986 Aksaray Truck Factory was opened on October 11, 1986.
- 1986 Otomarsan Aksaray Factory started to produce its first product, the Mercedes-Benz 1922 truck.
- 1990 The title of the company, which has been Otomarsan since 1967, has changed to Mercedes-Benz Türk A.Ş. was changed to.
- 1991 Renewing its product range with its new investment, Aksaray Truck Factory launched its 2517 model truck with the slogan "Nothing can stop me now".
- 1994 Aksaray Truck Factory is entitled to receive this certificate in the Turkish automotive main industry by obtaining the ISO 9002 quality certificate. kazanIt was the first production facility.
- 1997 The foundation of the Training Center was laid to train qualified employees at the Aksaray Truck Factory.
- 2000 With the completion of the investments, light truck Atego production started at the Aksaray Truck Factory.
- 2001 Following the completion of the investments at the Aksaray Truck Factory, the production of the heavy truck Axor was started and the first delivery was made.
- 2001 The first export from Aksaray Truck Factory started with 16 vehicles.
- 2004 AQAP-120 and ISO 14001 certificates were obtained.
- 2004 The 50.000th truck produced at Mercedes-Benz Türk's Aksaray Factory has been delivered to its owner.
- 2005 As a result of the investments made at the Mercedes-Benz Türk Aksaray Truck Factory, the Axor product range was expanded especially in the field of construction trucks.
- 2005 Mercedes-Benz Türk Aksaray Truck Factory's new Customer Center was put into service.
- 2006 The 75.000th truck was produced at the Aksaray Truck Factory.
- 2006 Started to manufacture and export Unimog chassis.
- 2007 The new “Finish Hall” was opened, where the final checks of the trucks were made.
- 2008 The 100.000th truck produced at Mercedes-Benz Türk's Aksaray Truck Factory has been delivered to its owner.
- 2010 The first Actros came off the line at the Aksaray Truck Factory.
- 2013 Mercedes-Benz Türk's new assembly hall, “Hall 6”, was opened in Aksaray Truck Factory.
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz Türk produced its 200.000th truck at the Aksaray Truck Factory.
- 2014 The last coat paint shop was commissioned in November, the paint shop was automated and the entire paint shop was renewed.
- 2018 Aksaray Truck Factory broke the export record.
- 2018 The Actros 250.000 LS, the 1853th truck, got off the line.
- 2021 Actros 300.000 Plus, the 1851th truck produced, rolled off the band in August.