If you don't want to gain excess weight during pregnancy but want to have a healthy pregnancy period, here are some tips. Dr. Fevzi Özgönül said, 'Eating a diet during pregnancy or maintaining your weight by eating less will harm your baby who shares the same body with you'. It is impossible not to gain any weight during pregnancy. However, the weight we should gain should not be above normal.
Although there is a change according to the height of the person in a healthy pregnancy, if you are at a normal weight before pregnancy, an average of 10-17 kilos weight gain can be considered normal. Weight gain is less in the first 3 months and more in the next 6 months (average 2 kilos per month).
It Is Very Important Not To Gain Excess Weight During Pregnancy
As long as the baby's development is good, if the mother does not have high blood pressure, high blood sugar, and albumin excretion in the urine, it is not very important that the weight gain is a little more or a little less. However, the most important factor affecting weight gain during pregnancy is not the mother's diet, but the mother's pre-pregnancy condition. Saying that dieting during pregnancy or maintaining your weight by eating less will harm your baby who shares the same body with you. Fevzi Özgönül said, "If you are not at your normal weight when you are pregnant, and even if you do not want to gain 10 kilograms above normal, you can prevent excessive weight gain by following these 10 suggestions."
- You should definitely stay away from sweet and pastry foods.
- You should consume bread only at meals and in small amounts. When choosing bread, you should avoid white bread and wholemeal bread.
- You should consume the fruit in the morning or at noon.
- You should try to be full at main meals instead of snacks.
- You should stay away from acidic and sugary drinks and take care to drink water.
- You should not eat for two, so that your baby will develop quickly.
- You should adjust the amount of food according to your appetite.
- When choosing a meal, you should pay attention to consume both meat and vegetables.
- You should not neglect to increase your movement and walk.
- You should have a regular bedtime. Thus, your biological rhythm returns to normal. You will also avoid gaining excess weight.