At the 28th International Adana Golden Boll Film Festival, which was held under the presidency of Adana Metropolitan Municipality Mayor Zeydan Karalar, the 'Best Film Award' was won by the movie Naughty Kids directed by Ahmet Necdet Çupur. Emel Göksu and Ayşe Demirel shared the "Best Actress" Award for their performances in the movie Koridor, while Ozan Çelik received the "Best Actor" Award for his performance in the movie Cemil Show.
"Best Film" Award to the crew of the film Naughty Boys; Jury members Tilbe Saran, Güven Kıraç, Feridun Düzağaç, Kıvanç Sezer, Seray Şahiner, Meryem Yavuz and Adana Governor Süleyman Elban gave together.
The "Best Director" Award went to Nisan Dağ, the director of One Breath, and Kıvanç Sezer, the jury member, won the "Best Actor" Award to Ozan Çelik for his performance in Cemil Show, Festival Executive Board Chairman Menderes Güven Kıraç presented the "Best Actress" Award to Emel Göksu and Ayşe Demirel for their performances in the movie Koridor.
The award ceremony of the International Adana Golden Boll Film Festival was held at Çukurova University Congress Center. The award ceremony started with the red carpet parade attended by distinguished guests from the cinema and business world.
The ceremony, hosted by Şebnem Özinal and Volkan Severcan, started with the song "Don't Forget Me" by Feridun Düzağaç, a member of the jury, in memory of Kadir Beycioğlu, one of the recently deceased cinema workers and festival directors.
Zeydan Karalar, Honorary President of the Festival and Mayor of Adana Metropolitan Municipality, who made the opening speech at the ceremony, started his speech by greeting the guests and the artists, and said, “Art, culture, cinema, Orhan Kemal, Yaşar Kemal, extraordinary natural beauties, peace, brotherhood and taste are their own Adana. "I greet all of Turkey with love and respect," he said.
CINEMA TOUCHES PEOPLE'S SOUL
President Zeydan Karalar said, “When you think of cinema, Adana and the Golden Boll Film Festival come to mind. The richness and gain that the Golden Boll Film Festival has brought to Turkish cinema and the Turkish cinema industry is indisputable. Cinema also has a positive effect on people's character and opinion. This is one of the most important features of the art of cinema. We've all taken something from the cinema. “Cinema plays an important role in making our characters fit,” he said.
OUR CINEMA ARTISTS ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD
Adana has a multicultural structure. Various groups live together in fraternity in Adana. Cinema has a role in this. I will do my part to bring the Golden Boll Film Festival to the place it deserves in Europe and in the world. I trust my artist brothers and friends in this regard. Writers of life then script it and artists play it. In fact, they are playing the life itself. I claim that the artists of Turkish cinema are more valuable than all the artists of the world and that they are better actors. Because they reveal their souls. Of course, we have very valuable directors. I congratulate them wholeheartedly and offer my deepest love and respect.”
THIS YEAR WE BRING THE FESTIVAL TO THE PEOPLE'S FEET
Reminding that very few films have been shot for about 2 years due to the pandemic, but the participation in the festival is intense, President Zeydan Karalar said: “This is the success of the Golden Boll Film Festival. Our jury members evaluated the films with great effort. I thank them individually. Of course, they had a hard time choosing while evaluating beautiful works. This year, unlike other years, we brought the Golden Boll to the public. We held summer cinema screenings at 30 points in neighborhoods, villages and districts. We had nostalgia about it. We continued the cinema adventure that started in Adana in the early 1900s with cinema screenings where thousands of people watched movies as part of the festival. We brought the cinema to our people. We enjoyed the cinema on the gondola on the Seyhan River, one of the most beautiful rivers in the world. We had a very successful Golden Boll. I would like to thank the Festival Executive Board and the unsung heroes who contributed.”
President Zeydan Karalar lastly, the founder of the Republic of Turkey, the Great Leader Mustafa Kemal Atatürk's cinema art, “Cinema is such a discovery; one day it will replace gunpowder. It will make a great contribution to world civilization” and said, “I am very honored to be a citizen of such a country”.
The awards given in the National Feature Film Competition are as follows:
- Best Film Award: Naughty Children – Director: Ahmet Necdet Çupur
- Best Director Award: Another Breath – Director: Nisan Dağ
- Yılmaz Güney Award: The Story of Zin and Ali – Director: Mehmet Ali Konar
- Best Actress Award: Emel Göksu – Ayşe Demirel – Corridor
- Best Actor Award: Ozan Celik – Cemil Show
- Adana Audience Award: You, I am Lenin – Director: Tufan Taştan
- Kadir Beycioğlu Special Jury Award: Dermansız – Director:
- Best Screenplay Award: Another Breath – Director: Nisan Dağ
- Best Music Award: Taner Yücel – Cemil Show
- Best Cinematography Award: Koridor- İlker Berke
- Best Art Direction Award: Koridor – Ö. Revolution Unal
- Ayhan Ergürsel Best Editing Award: Naughty Children – Mathilde Van De Moortel & Elif Uluengin & Nicolas Suburlattı
- Best Female in a Supporting Role: Dark Blue Night – Aslı Bankoğlu
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role Award: Another Breath – Eren Çiğdem
- Special Mention Award: Naughty Children Director: Zeynep Çupur
- Promising Young Actor Award: Another Breath – Oktay Çubuk
- Türkan Şoray Promising Young Actress Award: Another Breath – Hayal Köseoğlu
- SİYAD 'Cüneyt Cebenoyan' Best Film Award: The Story of Zin and Ali Director: Mehmet Ali Konar
- Film-Direction Best Director Award: Another Breath Director: Nisan Dağ
NATIONAL STUDENT FILMS COMPETITION
- Best Documentary: Winter - Director Berrin Öz
- Best Animated Film: Fish Out of Water – Director Nur Özkaya
- Best Experimental Film: A Year in Exile – Not Directed by Malaz Usta
- Best Fiction Film: Distances – Director Efe Subasi
- Special Jury Prize: How Do Poor Men Die? – Director Serkan Kaçmaz
- Best Film: Arasta – Director Hüseyin Baltacı and Happy Housekeeper
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT FILMS COMPETITION
- Best Film: TEMPLE – Director Murat Uğurlu
- Special Jury Prize: AMAYI – Director Subarna Das