Abdülkerim Murat Atik, who was appointed as the General Manager of the Republic of Turkey State Railways (TCDD) Enterprise 10 days ago, resigned with the decree published in the Official Gazette signed by the Presidency. Metin Akbaş, who works as the Deputy General Manager of TCDD, was replaced by Atik.
Metin Akbaş, originally from Adıyaman, was born in 1969 in Eskişehir. Having completed his high school education at Eskişehir Railway Vocational High School, Akbaş graduated from Yıldız Technical University Electrical Engineering Department. kazanwas. He completed his Master's Degree in Urban Systems and Transportation Management at Bahçeşehir University in 2010.
Metin Akbaş, a member of the Architects and Engineers Group (MMG), served as the Deputy Director General of the Istanbul Water and Sewerage Administration (İSKİ).
Akbaş also served as Deputy Director General of Infrastructure at the Ministry of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communications.
Who is Metin Akbaş, where is he from, how old is he?
- Metin Akbaş graduated from Eskişehir Railway Vocational High School in 1987.
- After that, he graduated from Yıldız Technical University Electrical Engineering.
- In 2012, he completed his master's degree at Bahçeşehir University.
- After completing his studentship, Akbaş started to work as a civil servant at TCDD.
- He first started in the Diyarbakır Communications Department in 1987. Afterwards, he became the Sirkeci Communications Chief, Trakya Telecommunication Regional Engineering, Istanbul Manliyöe Serivis Manager, 1st Regional Deputy Manager, and the regional manager responsible for train operation and investments of railroads in Istanbul Kocaeli, Sakarya, Bilecik, Eskişehir, Kırklareli, Tekirdağ, Edtirne.
- In 2015, he started to work as assistant general manager at TCDD.
- In 2016, he served as the Deputy General Manager.
- He served as İSKİ Deputy General Manager between 2016-2019. After the change of management, he returned to his duty in the ministry.