With the support of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism's General Directorate of Cinema, the Sultanbeyli International Short Film Competition, which will bring moviegoers together on June 4-5, with the support of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, has been announced.
The finalists who will compete to be among the best in the national and international category in the Sultanbeyli International Short Film Competition, which will be held for the first time this year by the Sultanbeyli Municipality with the support of the Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism, General Directorate of Cinema, and the films in the special selection excluding the competition to be shown in memory of Yunus Emre announced. There are a total of 534 films in both competition sections of the competition, to which 110 films in the national category and 20 films in the international category have applied. There are 5 films in Yunus Emre Special Selection Out of Competition.
Remarkable Local Shorts of the Year Will Compete for "Best Film"
The finalists to be evaluated by the National Competition Jury consisting of Director Banu Sıvacı, TRT Cinema Director Faruk Güven, Cinematographer Feza Çaldıran and Actor Hakan Karsak under the chairmanship of the master actor Perihan Savaş; Belkıs Bayrak's Cemile, Büşra Bülbül's Bleach, Ege Karakurt's Whistle, Mehmet Oğuz Yıldırım's Spotless, Emre Sefer's Some Cats of the Neighborhood, Yeşim Tonbaz's Exclusive, Öykü Orhan's Paydos, Fırat Onar's Curtains, Ahmet Keçili's Seval and Orhan Umut Gökçek and Şeyma Gökçek's Son are featured.
International Short Films from Different Continents Will Compete in Sultanbeyli
Among the finalists to be evaluated by the International Competition Jury, which consists of Oscar Academy Member Iranian Director Farnoosh Samadi, actor Emre Kızılırmak, known for his many TV series and movies, and Avanca Cine-Club President, Porto Femme International Film Festival Director and Producer Ana Castro; Sagnik Dutta Gupta's Abandonment, Mahdi Iravani's Behind the Glasses, Karol Ulman's End of the World, Yousef Kargar's Gabriel, Hugo Caby, Antoine Dupriez, Aubin Kubiak, Lucas Lermytte and Zoé Devise's Migrants, Jean- Marie Villeneuve's On the Other Side, Santiago Aguilera and Gabriel Monreal's The Boy and The Mountain, Yağmur Kartal's The Toymaker Hidden Heirloom, Ragıp Türk's Tor and Munir Atalla's Wolf's Milk.
Out of Competition Yunus Emre Special Selection
In the first year of the Sultanbeyli International Short Film Competition, a film will be screened in memory of Yunus Emre, the pioneer of Turkish poetry in Anatolia, and the folk poet of Sufism, Yunus Emre, which was recognized by UNESCO due to the 700th anniversary of his death. The selection includes Mehmet Emin Altunkaymak's Abnormal, Ömer Faruk Ashbudak's Burhan, Ferhat Zengin's Magical Lantern Wardens, Sude Özbek's Stage Powder and Ferman Narin's Şeker Gıda.
Awards in Sultanbeyli Kazanmoment and waiting for its finalists
In the national category, which includes 10 short films in fictional, animation and experimental genres, the "Best Film" will win the first prize of 15 thousand TL. A monetary prize of 10 thousand TL will be presented to the second film, which won the second place, and 7 thousand TL to the film that won the third place. All short films in the competition will also be candidates for the Special Prize of 10 thousand TL, which will be given in memory of Yunus Emre this year. The film, which is the winner in the international category with ten short films, will receive a monetary prize of one thousand Euros.
In addition to this, in order to increase qualified productions in the field of short films and to encourage new talents, short films that made it to the finals but did not make it to the rankings will be given a XNUMX thousand TL Screening copyright each.
National Competition Finalists
- Cemile / Belkıs Bayrak (Fiction)
- Bleach / Büşra Bülbül (Fiction)
- Whistle / Ege Karakurt (Fiction)
- Spotless / Mehmet Oğuz Yıldırım (Fiction)
- Some Cats of the Neighborhood / Emre Sefer (Fiction)
- Exclusive / Yeşim Tonbaz (Fiction)
- Paydos / Öykü Orhan (Fiction)
- Curtains / Fırat Onar (Fiction)
- Seval / Ahmet Keçili (Documentary)
- Son / Orhan Umut Gökçek, Şeyma Gökçek (Animation)
- International Competition Finalists
- Abandonment / Sagnik Dutta Gupta (India)
- Behind the Glasses / Mahdi Iravani (Iran)
- End of the World / Karol Ulman (Poland)
- Gabriel / Yousef Kargar (Iran)
- Migrants / Hugo Caby, Antoine Dupriez, Aubin Kubiak, Lucas Lermytte, Zoé Devise (France)
- On the Other Side / Jean-Marie Villeneuve (France)
- The Boy and The Mountain / Santiago Aguilera, Gabriel Monreal (Chile)
- The Toymaker Hidden Heirloom / Yağmur Kartal (Turkey)
- Tor / Ragip Turk (Turkey)
- Wolf's Milk / Munir Atalla (Jordan)
- Out of Competition Yunus Emre Special Selection
- Abnormal / Mehmet Emin Altunkaymak
- Burhan / Ömer Faruk Ash
- Magic Lantern Keepers / Ferhat Zengin
- Stage Powder / Sude Özbek
- Sugar Food / Ferman Narin