General Surgery Specialist Prof. Dr. Fahri Yetişir gave information on the subject. Hemorrhoids (piles) are enlarged veins at the bottom of the rectum and anus, at the end of the anal canal. The walls of these blood vessels sometimes stretch so wide that the vessels swell further and become irritated. As a result of this swelling and irritation, they go out of the anus. This condition is known as hemorrhoids or mayasıl among the people.
When you have rectal bleeding, you should consult a doctor, and your doctor, after examining, can rule out other diseases such as rectal cancer and diagnose hemorrhoids after performing the necessary tests.
When you go to the doctor, it should be explained in detail whether you have been diagnosed with hemorrhoids before, how much and often you have bleeding, and whether other complaints accompany the event. You should also explain the treatments and effects that have been made so far.
Do not assume that all rectal bleeding is due to hemorrhoids, especially if you are over 40 years old. Rectal bleeding can also occur in other diseases, especially in colon and rectal cancers, bleeding may be the only symptom. In case of bleeding associated with changes in large toilet habits or changes in the shape and content of the large toilet, a doctor should definitely be consulted and further examinations should be performed.
If you have had a large amount of rectal bleeding, if there is weakness, weakness and weakness, the situation is very serious and a doctor should be consulted immediately.
- Painless bleeding: Bleeding during the large toilet, especially afterwards. There is bleeding in a light red color.
- There may be irritation and itching in the anal area.
- Pain and discomfort in the anal area.
- Swelling around the anus and breast.
- Painful or tender breast-shaped swelling around the anus (Especially thrombosed cases of hemorrhoids are very painful.)
These hemorrhoids are located inside the rectum and usually do not cause pain or discomfort. It can cause painless bleeding by creating irritation on the hemorrhoid when passing stool in a way.
Internal hemorrhoids may extend out of the rectum during straining in more advanced stages and may cause pain and irritation. The patient can send his hemorrhoids inside with his hand.
In the more advanced stage, internal hemorrhoids come out and cannot be sent inside. At this stage, it creates constant pain and irritation.
These hemorrhoids are constantly visible around the anus, they can cause itching or bleed when irritated.
Sometimes blood pooling in the external hemorrhoid and they can clot, causing swelling and inflammation that causes severe pain.
Secrets of Success in Hemorrhoid Treatment
Hemorrhoid disease is a very common disease in our society. This disease has increased much more in recent years as a result of changes in diet and lifestyle. One of the points that are overlooked when treating hemorrhoids is to eliminate or reduce the factors that cause hemorrhoids. If the factors of hemorrhoids are not eliminated, the risk of recurrence is very high no matter how you treat it. There are many types of hemorrhoids and they can manifest themselves in different ways.
If we briefly summarize the treatment of these
- It is necessary to regulate the diet (more fiber foods)
- Plenty of water should be consumed
- Sedentary lifestyle should be abandoned and daily non-heavy exercises should be done.
- Spicy and dry foods should be avoided
- Care should be taken to hygiene of the anal area
- Daily toilet habits should be established
- not have diarrhea or constipation
- Need to stay away from tight clothes
- Do not sit for long periods of time
- When our toilet comes, we shouldn't keep it waiting
- When our complaint begins, it is necessary to be examined by a general surgeon who is expert in this job without delay.
- It is necessary to apply the treatment given and go to the controls.
- According to the stage of the hemorrhoid and the complaints it creates, we physicians offer medical treatment by first explaining the guard methods to the patients. If the disease does not pass or progresses, we increase the treatment or combine it with other drugs, if it still fails, then we recommend intervention. Interventions to be applied to hemorrhoids cover a wide range according to the degree and condition of the hemorrhoid. The most known of these; such as surgical removal of hemorrhoids, band application, laser application.
- Hemorrhoid treatment requires a long-term treatment and follow-up, so follow-up of the doctor should be continued until the treatment is completed.
If you are having difficulty in the treatment of hemorrhoids, you should consult your doctor and try to get your treatment at the most optimum. Otherwise, delays or negligence in treatment will make your treatment more difficult.