The new regulation on tire labels will be implemented in our country simultaneously with the EU countries as of May 1, 2021. The regulation prepared by the Ministry of Industry and Technology; It was published in the Official Gazette numbered 31457 and dated 17 April 2021 Which vehicles will be affected by the new tire label arrangement, what are the benefits?
The new label application within the scope of the regulation that introduces a regulation on tire labeling will enter into force simultaneously with the European Union from tomorrow. In the new application, tire identification information will be placed on the upper part of the labels and vehicle owners will be able to make correct and safe choices when purchasing tires.
The Regulation on the Labeling of Tires Related to Fuel Efficiency and Other Parameters prepared by the Ministry of Industry and Technology will enter into force simultaneously with the European Union as of May 1, 2021.
While the categories and leveling of the renewed tire labels will be simplified, the tire identification information will be placed on the upper part of the new labels.
Tire Information and Digital Copy of Tire Label Will Be Located in the Top Right Corner of the Tire
Those who want to buy tires will be able to access tire information and digital copy of the tire label with the QR code in the upper right corner. Industry officials emphasize the importance of vehicle owners to carefully examine these labels in order to make the right and safe tire selection while purchasing tires.
Information on New Labels
Within the scope of the new regulation that entered into force, the outlines of the changes and regulations to be sought in the new labels will be as follows: Information such as the supplier name, size information, the numerical code determined about the tire type, and the tire type were added to the top of the label. Access to tire information is provided through the QR code (QR code) on the tire label.
Fuel Efficiency and Wet Grip Classes have been reduced from A (Highest) to E (Lowest) and the ranges of levels have been changed.
New Criteria Added
In addition to automobile tires and light commercial vehicle tires; A labeling requirement was introduced for bus, truck and truck tires.
In the new labeling, the parameters aimed at providing information about fuel savings, wet grip and external rolling noise; The criteria to be sought in winter tires such as road holding on snow and ice handling were also added.
Bus, Truck, Truck Tires Will Also Be Affected!
Within the scope of the new regulation that entered into force, it will be sought in new labels from now on The changes and regulations will be outlined as follows:
- In the new labels, information such as supplier name, size information, numerical code determined for the tire type, tire type were added to the top of the label.
- Access to tire information is provided via the QR code (QR code) on the tire label.
- Fuel Efficiency and Wet Grip Classes have been reduced from A (Highest) to E (Lowest) and the ranges of levels have been changed.
- Outer Rolling Noise classes symbol changed. In its new form, it is located in the lower left corner as the measured value in dB and the sound level (in the AC range) is classified.
- Added the "Winter Tire" (three-peak mountain with snowflake pattern) symbol indicating whether the tire is a tire used in harsh winter conditions, or the symbol indicating whether the tire is an ice-handling tire.
- In addition to C1 (Automobile) and C2 (Light Commercial Vehicle) categories, labeling has become mandatory for tires in the C3 (bus, truck, TIR) category.