Dr. Fevzi Özgönül gave important information about the subject. It is necessary to ensure that gluttonous people eat until they are full at main meals instead of cutting their appetite.
When it comes to gluttony, people who eat a lot, who are not full and who cannot control their appetite come to mind. In order to be able to call a person a glutton, it is not enough for a person to be a sweet tooth or to love bread, but to be able to eat 24 hours a day.
So how do we know if we are gluttonous?
- If you are eating without getting hungry,
- If you do not choose food, you can easily eat a salty food over dessert, or even another snack on a very filling meal,
- If you cannot find much time to move from eating,
- If you do not like long walks,
- If you always carry a snack with you,
- If you prefer sugary and acidic drinks instead of drinking water in general,
- If you get tired quickly,
- If you go to the kitchen and open the refrigerator to have something to eat before going to bed,
- If you don't know what you usually want to eat,
- If you cannot sleep deeply,
- If you feel the need to get up and eat something in between sleep and get up in the mornings, you can be attention glutton.
Have you ever wondered why gluttons always eat and never get full? In fact, our body's needs are certain. Our most important need is the carbohydrate that provides our energy, ie sugar. Apart from that, we need proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals and small amounts of elements such as iron, copper and zinc. If these needs are fulfilled with food, the feeling of hunger is closed. In fact, to give an example from nature, a wild animal will not be hunted by toxins. If we do not have a genetic disease, the system works like this in all living things. Our body does not get hungry unnecessarily and does not want you to eat anything. So when we look at gluttony from this point of view, we come across two conclusions. When gluttonous people eat something, they either do not eat the foods the body needs or cannot digest the parts we need in the food they eat.
Then, in the healthy lifestyle treatments of the gluttonous people, instead of trying to reduce their appetite in order to prevent these people from eating, directing them to eat the nutrients their bodies need and facilitating the digestion of these foods makes it much easier to treat a gluttonous person.
According to Dr. Fevzi Özgönül; In the treatment of a gluttonous person,
- Instead of cutting their appetite, ensuring that they eat at main meals until they are full,
- To prevent them from snacking between meals,
- To make them move slowly to digest what they eat,
- To keep them away from sugary and acidic beverages and to switch to other beverages,
- Making sure they have their breakfast in the morning