Cappadocia University is organizing a workshop where the leaders of international aviation will meet. The online event will take place between March 16-18.
An international workshop titled “Future and Emerging Technologies in Aviation” will be held on 16-18 March 2021 in cooperation with the Department of Aviation Electricity and Electronics, UAV Research Center and International Relations Office at Cappadocia University.
The European Union Commission's Chief Transport Officer Henrik Hololei, EUROCONTROL General Manager Eamonn Brennan, European Airports Council (ACI) General Manager Olivier Jankovec will speak at the workshop on how the next decade will develop for aviation, aviation authorities, manufacturers and maintenance organizations. will be discussed from the perspective of airline operators and educational institutions.
An online event that will shed light on aviation in our country and in the world with speakers from more than 10 countries, Cappadocia University Youtube will be broadcast live on the channel.
March 16, Tuesday
- Dr. Rıfat Benveniste / University Cappadocia, Turkey
- Dr. Hasan Ali Karas / Rector, University of Cappadocia, Turkey
- Just Karaismailoğlu / Minister of Transport and Infrastructure of the Republic of Turkey
11.00-12.30 1st Session: Executives' Perspective: Vision and Challenges of Aviation in the Next Decade
- Henrik Hololei, Director General for Mobility and Transport, European Commission
- Eamonn Brennan, Director General, EUROCONTROL
- Olivier Jankovec, Director General, ACI EUROPE
- Levan Karadnadz, Director General, Georgian Civil Aviation Agency
- Moderator: Haydar Yalcin / The Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure of the Republic of Turkey
University of Cappadocia, Turkey
March 17, Wednesday
16.00-17.30 2nd Session: Innovative Solutions for Training, Production and Maintenance in Aviation
- Rafaela Caillaux, M.Sc./Senior Certification Manager, Aircraft Certification Channel, Japan
- Radu Cirligeanu / Research and Development Engineer, Aerospace Technologies, Romaero Sa, Romania
- Dr. Olena V. Cherniavska / Director, Institute of Social and Economic Initiatives, Ukraine
- Dr. Darius Rudinskas / Vice Dean of VGTU and Quality auditor of VGTU AGAI Aircraft Maintenance organization (Part-145) and Continuing Airworthiness Management Organization (CAMO), Lithuania
- Moderator: Clarissa Fedel / Senior System Safety and Certification Specialist, Aircraft Certification Channel, Japan
March 18, Thursday
16.00-17.30 3rd Session: Emerging Technologies in Aviation
- Dr. Suzanne Kearns / Aviation Professor and Author at the University of Waterloo, Canada
- Member, Next Generation of Aviation Professionals Task Force, ICAO
- Dr. Serhii Frantsovych Smerichevskyi / Professor, Head of Department of Marketing, National Aviation University, Ukraine
- Dr. Hao Liu / Acting Chair at JARUS / Chair of the ICAO Asia Pacific UAS Task Force, China
- Kyryl Astakhov / Advisor on Strategic Development to Boryspil International Airport CEO, Ukraine
- Andrew Charlton / Director General, CIVATAglobal, United Kingdom
- Moderator: Dr. Rıfat Benveniste / Head of Avionics Department and Director of UAS Res. Center at Cappadocia University