📩 04/01/2023 08:45
The third term as Istanbul Airport is the construction of a new airport in the city of Istanbul in Turkey has completed an international project. The Airport, which was built on the European side of Istanbul and on the Black Sea coast, was built on an area of 76 square kilometers. Istanbul New Airport, which was opened on October 29, 2018, consists of 150 independent runways with a capacity of 6 million passengers per year.
The first flight was made from Istanbul to Ankara on October 2124, 29 with the code TK2018. 76,5 km when all stages are completed2 The area will be able to serve the area with six independent runways with 200 terminals, which can be increased to an annual passenger capacity of 2 million. While the project name of the airport was determined as Istanbul New Airport during the construction phase, its name was announced as Istanbul Airport when it was completed. Cengiz, Mapa, Limak, Kolin, Kalyon Joint Venture Group (OGG), formed by IGA investors, won the tender for the new airport with a bid of 3 billion euros, the highest bid in the history of the republic. As of the end of 2013, the shareholding structure of İGA is as follows: 22,152% Kalyon Havacılık ve İnşaat A.Ş., 2019% Cengiz İnşaat Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş., 35% Mapa İnşaat ve Ticaret A.Ş. and 25% Limak Construction Industry and Trade Inc. Following the tender, the foundation of the project was laid on June 20, 20.
The project, the foundation of which was laid on June 7, 2014, is Istanbul Airport. Istanbul New Airport is carried out on behalf of the Ministry of Transport and State Airports Authority. Istanbul New Airport is built to organize the landing and take-off of nearly 120 aircraft per hour. At the airport with an apron capacity of 500 aircraft, the world's largest passenger plane Airbus A-380 will also be able to land and take off.
- There are 3,5 runways in total, 4 runways perpendicular to the Black Sea with a length of 5-1 km and 6 runway running parallel to the Black Sea, suitable for the landing and take-off of large aircraft belonging to the airport.
- Thanks to these runways, the largest F-code passenger planes Airbus A380 and Boeing 747-800 can land in the area.
- The two taxiways found are 3.500 meters long and 45 meters wide. These taxiways have an emergency runway character. Small taxiways connected to them were also built.
Istanbul New Airport will be the 3th largest airport in the world after King Fahd Airport and 5 airports in the USA. The project, built with the build-operate-transfer model, will cost approximately 10 billion euros, including all costs.
Air traffic control tower
The air traffic control tower built at Istanbul New Airport is 90 meters high and designed as 17 floors and won the 2016 International Architecture Award with its tulip figure. The airport, which will work in integration with the Northern Marmara Highway and Yavuz Sultan Selim Bridge, will also be connected to the high-speed train. It is aimed to reach the airport in 15 minutes by rail transport from Taksim.
Istanbul airport test center
It is a test center established on an area of 19 m5,000 at the airport due to COVID-2. PCR, Antibody and Antigen tests are performed and has a daily test capacity of 10,000.
In this context, other measures taken at the airport are as follows.
- All passengers must wear masks both in the terminal building and in the area.
- Contactless security measures were taken in security control areas.
- Body temperatures of all passengers are controlled by thermal cameras.
- All passenger baggage passing through X-Ray is sterilized with ultraviolet.
- Hand sterilization fluids are available in all areas open to passengers.
- Terminal buildings are sterilized by autonomous robots and UV light.
- Social distance is constantly reminded with informative signs.
- 24/7 fresh air circulation is provided to the terminal.
- Passenger buses in the area are disinfected after each use.