The sky has an important place for every living creature and is a roof that affects people both vitally and psychologically. Skyis our beautiful dome where many scientific events that we find romantic take place. The night of the sky is different with moonlight or stars. Daytime is another beautiful, colorful. The sky, as it changes in every climate and geography, is a living landscape painting. Especially the sky is a riot of colors with its ever-changing and constantly moving clouds. Everyone has a curiosity and passion for the sky. Anyone who doesn't admire the colors at sunset or sunrise? Is there anyone who is not happy and excited when they see a rainbow?
Why Is The Sky Blue?
When sunlight enters the atmosphere, the wavelengths of the scattered rays are different. This difference allows the formation of different colors at the time of scattering. Short wavelength rays are as purple, blue and green colors; Long wavelength rays are scattered as yellow, orange and red colors. Short wavelength rays are more scattered. You can think of this scatter as painting the sky with a watercolor brush. The more scattered colors become the dominant color in more areas of the sky. Most of the short wavelength, hence more scattered rays from the sun are blue, so we see the sky blue. We are enchanted by different shades of blue and this Sky blue Hundreds of quotations have been said for.
How Is a Rainbow Made?
As the sun rays entering the atmosphere pass through the raindrops, their speed slows down. Some of these rays are refracted and reflected in the drop, and some pass through the drop. The reflected rays are split into a spectrum, red at one end and purple at the other, and a rainbow is formed. The colors in the rainbow are listed from the outside to the inside as red, orange, yellow, green, blue, dark blue and purple.
How Are the Reddish Colors at Sunrise and Sunset Formed?
Here, the coming of blue and white colors at the same time and the coming of blue and purple at the same time creates the same reaction in our brain. So when we look at the sky, although blue and purple wavelengths actually enter our eyes, our brain interprets them as blue and white. Therefore, we see the sky as blue, not purple. This means that other animal species whose cells have evolved to be sensitive to different wavelengths see different colors when they look at the sky! Sunbeams enter the atmosphere at a narrower angle, near sunrise and sunset. Rays originating from this angle travel further in the atmosphere. Meanwhile, most of the short wavelength rays are scattered, and longer wavelength rays reach us. These rays are also red, orange and yellow ones. If there are particles larger than air molecules in the atmosphere, then yellow rays are also scattered, and red and orange rays remain, so we see the sunset in orange-red color.
Featured Sky Quotes
- Can you erase the night for me from the sky?
- We shouldn't say there is harmony because the rainbow and the prism show us! These phenomena we cite are harmonious as there is a higher general harmony with which they obey the laws. - Goethe
- The roads are beautiful. The weather is nice. The night is beautiful. Come over to me. Let's sleep…
- Something like the sky this childhood. It's not going anywhere. - Edip Cansever
- You are my most beautiful star in the sky.
- Others are stars; but that sky ...
- Have you ever wanted to jump into the stars? As if you were at the end of the stars, as if they were shining for you. And I talk to them in my nights without you, as if they would make my voice heard to you. - Demet Sahin
- The man sees himself so superior that he is walking on the clouds in the sky, not on the ground.
- Listening to the pain of a daisy. The sky is getting wider. - Ataol Behramoğlu
- How can such evil people live under such a beautiful sky? - Dostoevsky
- Do not love anyone by identifying with the sky. You turn your back on memories but you cannot escape from the sky ...
- Once, the kite runs away, and then the human being will cross the sky.
For more Proverbs We recommend the site…