Leröy has certified that it has a higher Omega-3 content than Norwegian industry standards, zero antibiotic usage, zero escape from cages and full traceability in Salmon farming.
Leröy Seafood Group's Salmon received the "STP 86" certification, which is the highest registration of salmon in the seafood industry.
This specification shows that 'Lerøy Salmon' has higher criteria in terms of content, quality and sustainability than the industry standards currently applied for Norwegian Salmon.
In addition to its other properties, salmon produced according to STP-86 has a higher Omega-3 content than Norwegian industry standards, zero antibiotic usage, zero escape from cages and full traceability.
Henning Beltestad, CEO of Lerøy Seafood Group, says that Lerøy has long ago made a series of conscious, responsible and sustainable decisions along the entire value chain, including feed ingredients, in salmon production. Stating that they want these features to be verified by a third party company, Beltestad emphasizes that 'Lerøy Salmon, which contains all and more of the features that should be for the salmon industry today, deserves to be registered as STP 86 certified.
The entire value chain of Lerøy, from fish including feed to fish carriers, has been audited by a third party to ensure that all requirements in STP-86 are met. STP 86 is a product certificate that includes monitoring components that will ensure that all criteria are complied with. This independent certification, created in line with stringent standards in line with the increasing demand from consumers for traceability, helps manufacturers fully build the necessary confidence in product features and promises.
STP 86 Criteria include the following values. If only one of these criteria is not met, the salmon cannot qualify for sale with the «STP 86 Salmo Salar» certificate.
- Our fish are fed with raw materials containing microalgae and camelina oil, palm oil is not used,
- Zero use of salmon oil,
- Blood meal obtained from land animals is not used,
- 100% traceability of feed ingredients is ensured.
- ASC or GlobalGAP certified farms,
- • 100% traceability in all production stages with Fishtrack,
- High survival rates for fish in all production stages,
- Zero use of antibiotics,
- Zero tolerance for fish escape from farms, crucial for the conservation of natural species.
- GFSI Food safety certification
- Omega-3 level above 2,9 g / 100 g
- EPA / DHA levels above 1 g / 100 g
- Omega-6 / Omega-3 ratio below 1
- PCB and PCB-like dioxin levels below 0,5 ng / kg
Lerøy Salmon ™ is produced in accordance with the requirements in STP 86. All stages from feed to production, harvesting and sales are audited annually to document that 'STP 86' standards are met.