📩 04/01/2023 08:55
Traffic insurance is a type of insurance that is required by the state for all motor vehicle owners to take out and in case of possible accident, it is a type of insurance that guarantees the insurance holder for the damages of other victims or third parties. Insurance payment in case of accident covers all physical and material losses.
What is Traffic Insurance Coverage?
- If the traffic accident is caused by the insured's vehicle, the damage costs are covered by the traffic insurance policy. The damages covered by the traffic insurance are as follows:
- Material damage to the vehicle of the other party is covered by traffic insurance. In addition, damages to public goods such as electric poles, lamps, garbage can, fire hydrants and material damages belonging to third parties such as houses and shops in the accident area are covered by traffic insurance.
- A traffic accident can cause physical damage as well as material damage. Injuries to individuals who have had a traffic accident are covered by traffic insurance. Hospital expenses such as first aid services, doctor examinations, treatments and medicines for the injured are covered by the traffic insurance policy.
- Losses of life that occurred during the accident are also covered by traffic insurance. Burial expenses of those who died as a result of an accident are paid by the traffic insurance. At the same time, the damages of the person or persons who are the dependents of the deceased during the accident process are also covered.
- Traffic insurance is activated in the event that people injured as a result of traffic accidents become inoperable partially or indefinitely. Injured persons and their dependent relatives are economically covered by traffic insurance.
- If the insured person is not guilty of the accident and the other party still claims to be unfair, the traffic insurance is obliged to cover the defense costs of the insured. All attorney and court fees are covered by traffic insurance.
When Does Traffic Insurance Pay?
- In cases where the vehicle with traffic insurance is not used, that is, it is not moving in traffic, the damages caused by the vehicle are not covered by the insurance.
- If the owner of the insured vehicle caused a traffic accident and was found at fault, the damages of his own vehicle are not covered by the traffic insurance. The family of the insured responsible for the accident may be in the same vehicle. However, even in this case, traffic insurance does not cover material or moral compensation claims.
- Indirect damages such as income or loss of profit due to the vehicle involved in the accident, business stoppage and rent deprivation are not covered by traffic insurance.
- Except for the luggage and belongings of those who were damaged during the accident, the damages of the goods carried on the trailers are not covered by the insurance.
- Traffic insurance does not give assurances for non-pecuniary damages and lawsuits arising from the accident.
- Material damages caused by the transportation of explosive and flammable substances other than fuel used as spare parts are not covered by the traffic insurance.
- In traffic accidents caused by stolen or seized vehicles, no payment is made by the traffic insurance since the vehicle owner and the insurance company are not responsible.
- Damages caused by vehicles in service for trading, maintenance-repair and similar transactions are not covered by traffic insurance. Damages caused by the accident caused by the vehicle left to the service for maintenance are not covered by the traffic insurance, the damage is entirely the responsibility of the company operating the vehicle service.
- If the vehicles involved in a traffic accident belong to the same person, the traffic insurance does not pay for the damage because no third party is involved in the accident.
- Traffic insurance is not responsible for costs if vehicles used for terrorist acts have an accident.
- Damages as a result of accidents involving vehicles participating in speed races or training on the race route are not covered by traffic insurance. At the same time, accidental damages caused by vehicles used in the show and accompanying the vehicles participating in the competitions are not paid by the traffic insurance.