Zehra Zümrüt Selçuk, Minister of Family, Labor and Social Services, announced the decision regarding the minimum wage, which concerns 7 million people. He announced the minimum wage, which will be valid as of January 1, 2021, to the press.
Minister Selçuk announced that the minimum wage, which concerns 7 million people, was determined as gross 2021 thousand 3 lira 577 kuruş, net 50. 2 lira 825 kuruş for 90. Thus, "The minimum wage increased by 500 lira, that is, 21,56 percent compared to last year."
When the minimum wage changes, the Minimum Living Allowance (AGI), severance payment, General Health Insurance (GSS) premium, unemployment insurance, maternity-military service-foreign borrowings, the premium amount of the Bağ-Kur insured, 65-year-old pension, disabled pension, home care allowance , temporary incapacity allowance, and the state contribution in individual pension will be among the figures that will change with the minimum wage.
How Much Was 2021 AGI?
- Single 268,162 TL
- Unemployed spouse 321,97 TL
- Unemployed spouse with 1 child 362,22 TL
- Unemployed spouse with 2 child 402,47 TL
- Unemployed spouse with 3 child 456,12 TL
- Unemployed spouse with 4 child 456,12 TL
- Unemployed spouse with 5 child 456,12 TL
- Married and spouse working 268,162 TL
- Married and working spouse with 1 child 308,55 TL
- Employed spouse with 2 children 348,80
- Married and working spouse with 3 child 402,47 TL
- Married and working spouse with 4 child 429,30 TL
- Married and working spouse with 5 child 456,12 TL
Other Items Changed by the Minimum Wage
- The severance pay ceiling increased from 7 thousand 117,17 liras to 8 thousand 651,62 liras.
- Unemployment pension varied according to the amount paid. The salary of the unemployment pension of 1.168,27 liras increased to 1.420,14 liras, the salary of 1.389,37 liras to 1.688,91 liras, and the salary of the 2 thousand 336,53 liras to 2 thousand 840,28 liras.
- There was a 21,56 percent hike in the minimum wage for incapacity allowance.
- Birth and military debt increased from the lowest 31,39 lira per day to 38,15 lira, and the highest from 235,44 lira to 286,20 lira.
- The general health insurance (GSS) premium increased from 88,29 lira to 107,32 lira.
- Old-age pension rose from 711,5 lira to 864,89 lira, from 851,95 lira paid to disabled people to 1.035,63 lira per month.