With the release of the eighth expansion pack for Blizzard Entertainment's hugely popular massive multiplayer role-playing game, players' journey to the other world of Azeroth begins. With a new starting adventure site, Island of Exile, an updated leveling system and optional character reinforcement, it's easier than ever to step into the final expansion pack .
In Shadowlands, the world beyond the mortal realms, the spirits of Azeroth discover new goals: to rise, to pay the price, to be reborn, to wage an endless war, or to be doomed to eternal suffering. With the release of Shadowlands, the eighth expansion to Blizzard Entertainment's massively acclaimed massive online role-playing game, the journey of self-determination of the next world begins today by millions of World of Warcraft players around the world.
In World of Warcraft Shadowlands, the heroes of the Horde and the Alliance will face the mysteries of death on their journey through the great lands of the afterlife. During the journey, they will make a destiny-altering deal with one of the Shadowlands' four powerful Testaments to determine the otherworldly powers that they will use to confront the troops of Jailer, the tyrant who reigns in the desperate depths of Maw. The players' perseverance will be put to the test as they try to save lost souls from the all-seeing eye of Jailer and are endangered in the labyrinthine corridors of the Tower of the Damned Torghast, where long-imprisoned horrors (and legendary rewards) await.
"Shadowlands takes WoW players to a place in the Warcraft universe they have never set foot before, and gives them the opportunity to shape their character's destiny in a different way," says J. Allen Brack, Blizzard Entertainment President. "Whether they research all aspects of their chosen Testament or create their own legendary items in the Tower of the Damned, we are thrilled that players will discover the experiences that await them in the next world."
WoW will also have some updates with the release of Shadowlands so that both new and returning players can join the fun easily. On the Island of Exile, new players will discover a brand new starting adventure, which includes a mini dungeon with two bosses, where they can learn the basics of group-based gameplay with quests that teach you what it means to be an Azeroth hero and get to know the skills of their chosen class. When new players leave the island, they will be able to continue directly from the game's final expansion, Battle for Azeroth, where they will reach level 50 and prepare for the transition to the Shadowlands.
Players who played previous expansion packs and want their new or low-level characters to quickly go beyond death can use the Shadowlands Character Boost, which is available in the Hero Edition and Epic Edition of the expansion or can be purchased separately (details below).
World of Warcraft: Shadowlands is packed with content and features that offer players brand new ways to explore and shape the fates of their characters:
- Explore the Other World of Warcraft: Find out how wonders and horrors await you in the world beyond the veil. Wander through the glittering lands of the Bastion, lose yourself in the gothic peaks of Revendreth, discover your self at the destiny point in the eternal city of Oribos, and be prepared for many other experiences like these.
- Choose a Testament for Yourself: Dedicate yourself to one of the four covenants in the Shadowlands. Each of these have their own story patterns, gameplay features, and special powers that they offer to those who fight for their goals. Bastion brave Kyrians or the proud of Revendreth Venthyr choose between the mighty Maldraxxus Necrolords Fight for the Ardenweald's savage With the Night Faes Look for ways to regenerate together.
- Climb the Tower of the Damned: The most evil spirits of the universe are locked up in Torghast, the prison under the command of a terrible being called the Jailer. It to the ever-changing roguelike experience It is possible to participate both individually and with groups of up to five people. The successful ones await materials that they can use to craft equipment with runes.
- And Much More: Depending on the time you spend here, it becomes even more difficult mawbrace the Jailer in; with important characters from your chosen Testament Soul Ties share their unique strengths by establishing shrine Decide how to restore it to its former glory… Shadowlands is unlike anything you've experienced before in World of Warcraft.
Choose Your Path in Shadowlands
Players looking to prepare for their Shadowlands journey can purchase the expansion pack for Windows and Mac PCs starting today and at www.worldofwarcraft.com. World of Warcraft: Shadowlands offers players the chance to choose from many different editions:
- Shadowlands Basic Versionincludes only the expansion pack and offers players a more affordable entry-level experience compared to its predecessors.
- Shadowlands Hero Edition, along with the expansion, includes: a character boost that allows new or existing low-level characters to jump right into the Shadowlands, and the Vestments of the Eternal Traveler transmog set upon completion. kazanThe Ensorcelled Everwyrm mount, which unlocks a new quest path that dies.
- Shadowlands Epic VersionIn addition to all the content in the Hero Edition, you can get the Anima Wyrmling companion, the Wraithchill cosmetic weapon effect, Includes Eternal Traveler's Hearthstone with a special visual effect and 30 days of play time.