Haydarpaşa Solidarity responded to the statement by Minister of Transport and Infrastructure Adil Karaismailoğlu regarding Haydarpaşa as "We will present this place as a museum to the service of Istanbul after the archaeological excavations are over."
On 20 November 2020 Transport and Infrastructure Minister Adil Karaismailoğlu the "old stayed at Haydarpasa Train Station in Turkey. There Marmaray the new Turkey. Haydarpaşa Solidarity responded with a press release at the 462nd Sunday protest, saying that "we will present this place as a museum to the service of Istanbul when the archaeological excavations are over."
The whole statement of Haydarpaşa Solidarity is as follows; “Since 2004, the following statements have been made by central and local administrators about the fate of Haydarpaşa Train Station.
- In March 2005 Mayor of IMM, Kadir Topbaş: We showcased Istanbul at the “International Cannes Real Estate Fair”. Among the 20 Vision Projects that were presented; There is also Haydarpaşa Station and Port Area Transformation Project "
- On July 13, 2005 Prime Minister Recep Tayip Erdogan: "We are insistent on the project, the project will be even better when we add the Haydarpaşa High School building to the project. We are determined to change the face of Istanbul with the Haydarpaşa and Galataport project"
- On March 10, 2008, TCDD General Manager Süleyman KARAMAN: "We need an area of 101.000 m2 on the existing Haydarpaşa Garın Söğütlüçeşme side in order for our organization to carry out its business activities.
- Minister of Transport Binali Yıldırım on February 7, 2012: “No matter what happens in the project, none of the construction will suppress Haydarpaşa's silhouette. In any case, the station building will be preserved in the same way." said.
- On March 2, 2012, Minister of Youth and Sports Suat Kılıç: “For the 2020 Olympic Games,” we will build a stadium of 100 thousand people in Haydarpaşa. Guests at the opening; Maiden's Tower will watch the historical peninsula and the Bosphorus ” said
- Transport Minister Binali Yıldırım on February 24, 2013: “The station is not at the hotel, it will continue open to the public." said.
- Binali Yıldırım, Minister of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communications, on 19 June 2013: "There is no such thing as the closure of Haydarpaşa Train Station, existing lines will be renewed and expanded"
- On 28 October 2014, Transport Minister Lütfi Elvan: “There has been no official request for us so far. As the ministry, we do not have such an agenda. There is no request from the Privatization Administration or any other institution for Haydarpaşa Train Station. I think we should look at this Gar that we care so much like our pupils" said.
- Ahmet Aslan, Minister of Transport and Infrastructure, on 17 August 2016: "Haydarpaşa Train Station will continue to serve as a train station to Istanbul, Istanbulites and our country with high speed trains.
- Mehmet Cahit Turhan, Minister of Transport and Infrastructure, on September 21, 2018: "Haydarpaşa connection of the High Speed Train is also included in this project (Marmaray). We are planning to complete and commission 4 roads and 2 platforms. Archaeological excavations in this region continue under the supervision of the board and the museum.
- Binali Yıldırım, candidate for IMM President on 17 February 2019: “We will turn this place into a living center of the Anatolian side. There are no such malls or buildings. The museum will be organized as a library "
- In the reply given to the CİMER application on February 26, 2019: “Due to the findings encountered during the construction of Haydarpaşa connection, the access of trains to Haydarpaşa Station was delayed. Although a date cannot be given for this area, access to Haydarpaşa Station will be provided for intercity trains ”
- Adil Karaismailoğlu, Minister of Transport and Infrastructure, on 20 November 2020: "Haydarpasa Train Station old stayed in Turkey. Turkey has in the new Marmaray "
In addition to all this, countless projects and "conservation" in their name ironically sözcüWith the passing plans, the desire for commercial transformation in Haydarpaşa did not end.
"Haydarpaşa will be Manhattan",
"Haydarpaşa will be Venice",
"Haydarpaşa Hotel will be",
They said, "Haydarpaşa will be a trade center."
Haydarpaşa Solidarity, on the other hand, resolutely opposed these transformation plans that violated the right of all Istanbulites to the city. In the history of this struggle, Haydarpaşa Solidarity prevented the realization of the transformation projects that were put forward and aimed only at a certain segment, with long-term and colorful forms of resistance. Haydarpaşa Solidarity activists have never left Haydarpaşa Train Station alone for 15 years with their struggle and their constant presence at the Station.
Today, Minister of Transport and Infrastructure Adil Karaismailoğlu, once again "Haydarpaşa will be a museum" He said.
Upon the parliamentary question of HDP Deputy Filiz Kerestecioğlu about the fact that Haydarpaşa Train Station is still not open today, Karaismailoğlu said, “During the meeting at the TBMM Plan and Budget Committee,“Haydarpasa Train Station, stayed at the old Turkey. There Marmaray the new Turkey. (…) Archaeological excavations at Haydarpaşa Train Station continue under the supervision of the Board. With the completion of the archaeological excavations, we will present this place as a museum to the service of Istanbul.Thereupon, various news websites reported this situation under the headings "Haydarpaşa will be a museum".
On December 6, 2015, although the transport ministry said that Haydarpaşa Train Station would be restored in accordance with its original form and open to the public as a "station", why is it still wanted to change the function of Haydarpaşa today? Why are politics still being carried out on Haydarpaşa with profitable projects?
Haydarpaşa Train Station could not be transformed as "trade center, hotel, fairground, design center". Why are the same transformation initiatives being continued with contents such as museums and culture today? Why and why archaeological excavations at Haydarpaşa Train Station are used in a way that betrays the Gar's history, memory, function and above all, the will of the city dwellers?
It is clear that the purpose here is not to preserve and maintain the values of Haydarpaşa Station, its port and the entire backfield for the public good. It is clear that the "museum" function, which has a positive reputation in the society, is intended to be used to justify the transformation in Haydarpaşa.
Haydarpaşa Solidarity, for 462 weeks and 8 years of market watches "Haydarpaşa Gardır Station Will Remain" she cried and continues to scream. On Haydarpaşa; Theses have been written in the fields of architecture, cultural heritage, sociology and urban planning, defending the idea of keeping the Gar alive with its own function. It was stated by the academicians working in the fields of architecture and transportation that Istanbul definitely needed Haydarpaşa and Sirkeci Stations with their central characteristics.
In short, the importance of Haydarpaşa Train Station in terms of urban, social and cultural aspects has been explained over and over again, with every method imaginable. Haydarpaşa Solidarity, especially railroaders, architects, engineers, planners, academicians, teachers, students, continues to keep the Gar alive by incorporating the Gar into their daily lives, having fun, discussing and sharing this place here.
Everyone "Haydarpaşa Gardır Station Will Remain" Then, would there be a museum from Haydarpaşa? It is once again understood that the "common good" of the city dwellers does not lie behind the idea of transforming Haydarpaşa Train Station into a museum. The aim here is to put the central train stations, which will provide the city's rail transport as it should be, into operation for all city dwellers, as it has been for more than a hundred years. In short, your main priority here; As the cultural, historical and social memory of Haydarpaşa Train Station strongly indicates, it should be in favor of the transportation function.
Haydarpaşa Solidarity; As he has repeatedly stated, it is not a platform that is insensitive to archeology and art, against museums and cultural activities. As many scientists have stated, Haydarpaşa Solidarity stubbornly carries and defends the idea that archaeological excavations in the region can be shared with the public without harming the function of the Gar.
As Haydarpaşa Solidarity, we call NOW ENOUGH the functions such as trade, design, finance, exhibition center, hotel, museum that have been managed for the last 20 years. As city dwellers, we have repeatedly put forward the idea that Haydarpaşa is a central station belonging to the city and all of us, with all its historical, cultural, urban and social uniqueness, in this struggle we have been fighting here for 15 years.
This place, which establishes a transportation service accessible to everyone, offers the ferry and train synthesis to the use of all residents, is a bridge between the periphery of the city and the center, establishes links between Istanbul and other Anatolian cities, in short, it creates many opportunities for social encounters and dialogue. We will never leave you alone.
As the common memory and common place of all city residents and railroaders, we will continue to keep our Gar alive with our Sunday watches, picnics, dances and music until trains, ferries and people return to Haydarpaşa.