While accidents due to adverse weather conditions are among the top causes of traffic accidents in the world; Summer tires used in wet and cold winter conditions where the air temperature drops below a certain level, hardens and cannot provide sufficient road holding.
Emphasizing that choosing tires suitable for all-season weather conditions is important for a safe driving experience, Continental recommends switching to winter tires as the air temperatures drop below + 7 degrees.
The use of seasonal tires is important in many points from safety of life and property to fuel economy, from driving comfort to environmental sustainability. Summer tires cannot provide sufficient grip in wet and cold winter conditions when the air temperature is below a certain level. At the same time, its surface in contact with the ground hardens at temperatures below +7 degrees. Therefore, with the weather falling below +7 degrees, it is necessary to switch to winter tires used on wet and snowy grounds instead of summer tires.
Stating that the choice of seasonal tires is important at this point, Continental conveys all its experience from brake disc to tire production to winter tires developed specifically for harsh weather conditions. Continental's winter tires, which received full marks by showing superior performance in tests conducted by independent organizations, offer drivers maximum braking performance and safety.
Top performance winter tires from Continental
The WinterContact TS 860, the test champion winter tire developed by Continental engineers specifically for harsh winter conditions, demonstrates its success by demonstrating superior performance in many test rides conducted by independent organizations.
The advantages of using winter tires in winter are as follows;
- Winter tires produced with specially developed rubber compound do not harden even when temperatures drop, increasing grip on the road.
- Thanks to the special compounds used in the production of winter tires, it provides maximum performance even at low temperatures.
- While using summer tires in winter causes the tires to wear out faster, continuing to use winter tires in summer causes performance loss and rapid exhaustion of tire life.
- When choosing winter tires, it is important to comply with the original tire size of the vehicle. If the size of the vehicle is to be changed, the dimensions recommended by the vehicle manufacturer must be considered.
- Although it seems economical to use one type of tire throughout the year, it causes more expenses.