Stating that colon tumors, hormonal disorders, medications used, water-salt deficiencies, muscle and nervous system diseases can also cause constipation, Liv Hospital Gastroenterology Specialist Dr. Ekrem Aslan made suggestions for those with constipation problems.
1. Increase the amount of fluid you drink daily. Solid nutrition is the most important cause of constipation.
2. Consuming foods rich in fiber helps prevent constipation. Fruits and vegetables are rich sources of fiber.
3. Avoid prolonged fasting. Eating small amounts at frequent intervals helps prevent constipation.
4. Make it a habit to use the toilet in the morning hours when the bowel movements are most intense and after meals.
When you feel defecation, go to the toilet, delaying defecation is one of the major causes of chronic constipation.
6. Sports and exercise are important. If you are active, your intestines will also be mobile. Walking for half an hour at least 3 days a week will help regulate the bowels.
7.Drugs containing laxatives drunk for a long time without consulting your doctor make the intestines lazy. Avoid the use of laxatives without a doctor's opinion.
8.Every day a handful of prunes or a cup of coffee in the morning helps the intestines to work.
9. Hemorrhoids and cracks in the anus can cause chronic constipation. If you have complaints of itching, bleeding or pain in the anus area, consult a doctor.
10. If you have constipation for less than 6 months, if you are over 50 years old, if you have anemia, rectal bleeding or weight loss, consult a gastroenterologist and have a colonoscopy.
Günceleme: 21/10/2020 14:38