Amendments were made in the Regulation on the Procedures and Principles of the General Assembly Meetings of Joint Stock Companies and the Representatives of the Ministry of Customs and Trade to Attend These Meetings. Founder and Manager of Kırçıl Law Firm making a statement on the subject Hunting. Burcu KırçılThe final text of the studies carried out by the Ministry of Commerce will be published in the Official Gazette dated 9 October 2020 and numbered 31269. kazanhe said he did.
Amendments were made to the Regulation on the Procedures and Principles of the General Assembly Meetings of Joint Stock Companies and the Representatives of the Ministry of Customs and Trade to Attend These Meetings, published in the Official Gazette dated 28/11/2012 and numbered 28481. Stating that the name of the relevant regulation was also renewed as "The Regulation on the Procedures and Principles of the General Assembly Meetings of Joint Stock Companies and the Representatives of the Ministry to Attend These Meetings" Hunting. Burcu Kırçılstated that the changes made brought innovations regarding the functioning of the joint stock company general assembly meetings.
Hunting. Burcu Kırçıl He explained the changes in the regulation as follows:
- With the amendment made in Article 14 of the Regulation, it is no longer compulsory to establish a meeting chairmanship in the general assembly meetings of joint stock companies with a single share and to prepare a list (list of attendees) that can attend the general assembly meeting.
- With the amendment made to the 18th article of the Regulation, it was imposed that the power of attorney issued for representation at the general assembly meeting of non-public joint stock companies must be notarized. A notarized power of attorney is required for the representation of both registered and bearer share certificate holders by their representatives appointed at the general assembly of the company. Due to the aforementioned amendment, the application of submitting a statement of signature prepared before a notary in the power of attorney that is not notarized has also ended.
- With the amendment made to Article 32 of the Regulation, the requirement to have a Ministry representative at the general assembly meetings of joint stock companies with a single share was removed. In the new regulation, joint stock companies whose establishment and articles of association are subject to the permission of the Ministry are exempted.
- In accordance with the amendment made in Article 35 of the Regulation, applications to be made for the appointment of a ministry representative at the company's general assembly meeting; It can be done physically or electronically via MERSIS (Central Registry System).
- In addition to all these issues, some documents such as the list of attendees in the annex of the Regulation, the sample of the general assembly power of attorney, the sample of the general assembly internal directive were updated. To these examples from here or via the relevant Regulation.
Emphasizing that with the Regulation dated October 9, 2020, many innovations were made regarding the functioning of the general assembly meetings of joint stock companies. Hunting. Burcu KırçılHe added that it is important to consider the relevant Regulation and the sample documents in its annex before holding the general assembly meetings by capital companies.
Hunting. Who is Burcu Kırçıl?
Hunting. Burcu KIRÇIL started his professional activities in 2002, when he graduated from Ankara University Faculty of Law. In accordance with his experience in practice, Av. Kırçıl in 2007, it was authorized individually "callact" is a call center company by establishing case of Turkey's leading banks and clients operating in many different areas, including companies, serves in advisory and enforcement. In addition to his law profession, which he has been continuing for more than 2015 years, he also acts as a “specialist mediator”.