Gendarmerie Search and Rescue was established to carry out search and rescue activities in natural disasters such as avalanches and earthquakes, to ensure safety and order in winter tourism centers, to evacuate the injured in adverse weather and land conditions, and to perform preventive law enforcement and enforcement in forest areas where nature sports are performed.
The JAK Battalion Command was established from two disaster search and rescue and one special search company. There are 4 search and rescue teams within the disaster search and rescue companies, three underwater teams, two mountaineering teams and one gendarme dog search and rescue team in the special search and rescue division. The underwater search company command can dive up to 100 meters. After 2 weeks of orientation training, they are subjected to an 8-week search and rescue qualification training. Then they continue their education according to their branches.
JAK Battalion Command is called "Hızır Bey".
- Bolu - Kartalkaya,
- Bursa - Uludağ (3),
- Erzurum - Palandöken (2),
- Erzincan - Ergan,
- Hakkari - Mergabutan,
- Kocaeli and Kartepe,
- Kars - Sarıkamış (2),
- Kastamonu - Ilgaz (2),
- Kayseri - Erciyes (2),
- Kahramanmaras-Yedikuyu are
- Niğde - Çamardı,
- Rize - Çamlıhemşin,
- He works in Tunceli-Ovacık.
Tasks of Search and Rescue Teams
- To intervene in the events that occur in regions where there is no motor transfer opportunity in difficult nature and land conditions or where pedestrian conditions are difficult,
- To provide safety and security services on the tracks where winter tourism is carried out, to help the local and foreign tourists who are lost and injured,
- Reaching and evacuating the casualties in accidents occurring in regions where mountaineering sports are performed,
- In natural disasters such as earthquakes, floods, avalanches, to reach and evacuate the victims.