Hıdiv Summer Palace is a building on the back of Çubuklu in Beykoz district of Istanbul. It was built in 1907 by the Italian architect Delfo Seminati by Abbas Hilmi Pasha, the last hidivi of Egypt. It is in the art nouveau style in accordance with the architectural fashion of the period.
The Hıdivlik authority is the title given by the Ottoman Empire to the Egyptian governors. “Hıdiv Abbas Hilmi Pasha”, who was one of the Ottoman governors of the Ottoman Empire, had to stay in Istanbul for a long time in order to break the British influence in Egypt and provide support from the Ottoman State in the late 19th century. Thereupon, in 1903, he bought two wooden mansions located in the place where the pavilion is today. After a while, Abbas Hilmi Pasha bought a 270-acre garden including the wooded slopes and the upper plain behind his mansions. Abbas Hilmi Pasha destroyed the wooden mansions built in 1907, on an area of 1000 m², to the Italian Architect Delfo Seminati, a magnificent palace in Art Nouveau style in accordance with the architectural fashion of that period and the tower overlooking the Bosphorus.
The British, who occupied Egypt, brought the kingdom system to the country and took the title of Hidivlik of Abbas Hilmi Pasha. Abbas Hilmi Pasha lived here by settling in Switzerland (or sent into exile) upon his fall from the throne. Pasha's family remained in the Hidiv Pavilion until 1937. In the same year, Hidiv Pavilion was sold to Istanbul Municipality.
Long neglected muscles rest, Touring and Automobile Club of Turkey in 1984 on behalf of steel by Gulersoy has been restored and serve as a hotel while. The management of the Hidiv Pavilion, which was restored between 1994-1996, passed to Beltur, which was the foundation of the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality in 1996. It is currently used as a restaurant and social facility. Organizations such as weddings are also organized in the exterior and historical interior of Istanbul, one of the largest rose gardens on one side of the pavilion. The grove behind it and the steep walking path are evaluated by sports and walkers.
The palace has a western style (art nouveau) in terms of architecture, apart from Ottoman architecture. There is a magnificent and monumental fountain made of marble in the middle of the main entrance. Its ceiling rises until it reaches the roof and is covered with stained glass. There are elegant fountains and pools in various parts of it. As a plan, the building draws a circle around the pool through the connections between the halls. This apartment is only cut by the entrance hall. The historical elevator in this hall is another remarkable detail. There are private rooms upstairs.