About Hacı Bayram-ı Veli Mosque

About the Haji Bayram i Veli Mosque
Photo: Wikimedia

Hacı Bayram Mosque is a historical mosque located in Ulus district of Altındağ district of Ankara. It is adjacent to the Temple of Augustus (Ogüst). There is no information about architect Mehmet Bey, the first architect of the mosque, whose date of construction was 831 years (1427-1428) as the first lodge. Today's architectural structure is XVII. and XVIII. It carries the characters of XNUMXth century mosques. The building, which has a longitudinal rectangular plan, has a stone base, a brick wall and a tile roof.

etymology


The mosque takes its name from the Haci Bayram Mausoleum in its garden. The mausoleum adjacent to the altar wall was built in 1429. The square planned octagonal shrine is covered with a lead dome. In the garden of the mosque also XVIII. There is a Osman Fazıl Pasha mausoleum belonging to the XNUMXth century. The octagonal building is covered with a dome that sits directly on the walls. The tomb of Osman Fazıl Pasha, formerly in the tomb, was later taken to the family cemetery.

architecture

The mosque is a very rich structure in terms of pen-work decorations and tile decorations on wood and wood. There are painting embroideries of Nakkaş Mustafa Pasha on the woods inside the mosque.

There is a two-honored minaret on the southeast wall of the mosque. This minaret has a square plan, stone base, cylindrical brick body. It was repaired in 1714 by Mehmet Baba, one of the grandchildren of Hacı Bayram Veli. The mosque and its complex, which was restored by the General Directorate of Foundations in 1940, was recently renovated under the leadership of Ankara Metropolitan Municipality and opened to worship as of February 14, 2011. The total capacity of four thousand five hundred in the indoor area and one thousand five hundred in the open area has been made suitable for six thousand people to worship.


sohbet

Feza.Net

Be the first to comment

Comments

Related Articles and Advertisements