Gülriz Sururi Cezzar (Born July 24, 1929 - Date of death December 31, 2018), Turkish theater actor, writer.
In 1962, he founded the Gülriz Sururi - Engin Cezzar Theater with Engin Cezzar; The Sidewalk Sparrow is known for its roles in the games of Keşanlı Ali Epic. In 1998, he was awarded the title of state artist awarded by the Ministry of Culture. He has books published in memoirs, novels and stories.
Sultan II. Abdulhamid arrested that they believed that they were responsible for the death of his uncle Abdülaziz, and brought him before a private court gathered in a large tent he had set up in Yıldız Palace. Ali Sururi Efendi, the senior criminal judge who chaired this Court, was the father of Gülriz Sururi's Grandfather. Nazif Sururi Bey, who was the president of Şûrâ-yı President, was his grandfather. His father is Lûtfullah Sururi Bey, one of the founders of the first operetta, and his mother is opera singer Suzan Lütfullah.
He was born in 1929 in Istanbul. He first appeared on the stage in the Children's Department of the Istanbul City Theater in 1942. He studied at Istanbul Municipality Conservatory Theater and Voice Departments. Before he could finish the conservatory, he started working in some private ensembles. In 1955, he started his professional art life in Muammer Karaca Group. He moved to the Dormen Theater in 1960. In 1961, she received the İlhan İskender Award as the best actress for her role in Sokak Kızı İrma, staged in this ensemble. kazanwas.
She married the theater actor Engin Cezzar in 1962. In the same year, together with his wife, he founded Gülriz Sururi – Engin Cezzar Theater at Küçük Sahne. She took part in many plays such as Street Girl Irma, Ferhat ile Şirin, Tin. In 1966, İlhan İskender was awarded the Best Actress Award once again for his role in the play "Tin". kazanwas. In the same year, she was named “Woman of the Year” by the Turkish Women's Union. Her fame increased with her success in the role of "Zilha" in the "Keşanlı Ali Destanı" written by Haldun Taner, directed by Genco Erkal and first staged on March 31, 1964, which was a sold-out movie for a long time.
She won the Best Actress Award for the third time in 1971 for her role in The Indian Cloth. kazanwas. In the 1979-1980 season, together with Mehmet Akan, he made a compilation called Uzun İnce Bir Yol, one of the plays that the ensemble had staged until then, and played in its screening.
He showed his mastery as a musical theater artist with the play called Sidewalk Sparrow, played by Başar Sabuncu, from Edith Piaf's life story. In the 1982-1983 season, she won the Avni Dilligil Best Actress Award for her interpretation of this play, the Altan Artemis Award from the İzmir Journalists Association, and the 1983 Superstar Theater Actor Award from the Milliyet newspaper. kazanwas. She acted in plays such as “Filumen” adapted and directed by Engin Cezzar, “Tatlı Para” (original title: Everything in the Garden) by Edward Albee and “Halide” written by Bilgesu Erenus and staged by Rutkay Aziz.
Sururi, who played a role in all kinds of works from drama to laugh and musical play, also worked as an executive in Turkish theater.
He started writing by writing his memories, and he published my memories in three volumes and also published a novel, a story book, and a compilation of newspaper articles.
In the 1990s, he presented the food program “A La Luna” for television.
In 1998 he received the title of state artist awarded by the Ministry of Culture.
In 1999, he said goodbye to the scenes after his play "I Have What To Say".
He put on the stage "We Started from scratch", which he wrote and directed in 2008, with the community named Konçinalar Kumpanyası founded by Marmara University Faculty of Fine Arts students. The actor died on December 31, 2018, at the age of 89 in Istanbul. Her body was buried quietly in Çatalca with a simple ceremony next to her husband Engin Cezzar.
Some theater plays
- I Have Things To Say: Gülriz Sururi - Gülriz Sururi-Engin Cezzar Theater - 1997
- Pavement Sparrow: Başar Sabuncu - Şan Theater - 1983
- Cabaret: Joe Masteroff - Gülriz Sururi Engin Cezzar Theater
- The Epic of Keşanlı Ali: Haldun Taner - Gülriz Sururi Engin Cezzar Theater - 1963
- Street Girl Irma: Alexandre Breffort \ Marguerite Monnot - Dormen Theater - 1961
- So-called Angels: Dormen Theater - 1959
Theater plays he directed
- Kısmet: Adana State Theater
- Phosphorus Cevriye (musical): Ankara State Theater
- We Started From Scratch: Konçinalar Kumpanyası
Theater plays he wrote
- Kından İnce Kılıçtan Keskince (memory), Doğan Kitap, İstanbul, 1978
- We Women (trial), Dışbank Publications, Istanbul, 1987.
- A Moment Income (moment), Doğan Kitap, Istanbul 2003.
- On the Streets I Don't Enter (story), Doğan Kitap, Istanbul, 2003.
- From the Cuisine of Gülriz (meal), Doğan Kitap, Istanbul, 2003.
- I Love You (novel), Doğan Kitap, İstanbul, 2004.
- 1961 Best Actress, İlhan İskender's Gift for her role in Sokak Kızı İrma
- 1962 Best Actress, İlhan İskender's Gift, with her role in Teneke
- 1971 Best Actress, İlhan İskender's Gift, with her role in Indian Fabric
- 1983 Avni Dilligil Best Actress Award for her role in Pavement Sparrow
- 1983 İzmir Journalists Association Altan Artemis Award '
- 1983 Milliyet Newspaper Superstar Theater Actor Award
- 22. Sadri Alışık Theater and Cinema Actor Awards Honor Award