Culture and Tourism Minister Mehmet Nuri Ersoy: “The project in Bodrum Castle has so far costed 93 million liras. When the last remaining parts were completed by the end of the year, it was a restoration work of about 100 million pounds, but it was also good. I hope it will become the attraction point of Bodrum again in terms of cultural activities. ”
Minister Ersoy: “We especially care about the scene. Because the revival of the center of Bodrum with its tradesmen is very important. When we include tradesmen with the activities we carry out in tourism and culture, you get a result that everyone is happy with. ”
Minister Ersoy: “As of July 1, our art scene is coming into service. For the Bodrum residents, which we put into service last year, sometimes there are often agenda, pricing, we have a free public beach. We are putting it into service on July 1st. ”
Culture and Tourism Minister Mehmet Nuri Ersoy stated that the project in Bodrum Castle has cost about 93 million liras so far.
Minister Ersoy said that at the opening ceremony of Bodrum Castle, where the restoration of the second stage was completed, as of 1 June, they re-opened the private ruins of the Ministry to the visitors as they should.
Stating that Bodrum Castle is one of the most important places among the museums and ruins, Minister Ersoy said, “We started in a very short time in October 2017, it was closed in a single summer season in the 2018 summer season. Last year we opened the first stage on World Museum Day. We went to two stages to avoid Bodrum being deprived of foreign visitors. We opened it on May 2019 of 18. ” said.
Minister Ersoy emphasized that they completed their second stage work with a very short delay despite the pandemic and put it into service.
Stating that the towers of Bodrum Castle were put into service with the second stage, Minister Ersoy said: “We are opening the Italian, German, French and Spanish Towers and the Caria Beauty Exhibition Hall and the building with the Serçe Harbor Shipwreck. With this second stage, we have opened approximately 1100 square meters of indoor exhibition space. We have very little work left. They are completed by the end of the year. When we put these into service together with the British Tower and Uluburun Shipwreck exhibition hall, Bodrum Castle is put into service with a 1375 square meter indoor exhibition area. ”
Pointing out that they discovered some surprise areas after starting the restoration work, Minister Ersoy said, “We also brought them to Bodrum Castle. For example, the gratings of the German Tower were opened there, discovered after the restoration began. We brought this project up to Bodrum's season. ” said.
“Our Free Public Beach Will Open on July 1”
Bodrum is not the only archaeological value, but also with cultural activities that expressed an important point, Turkey's Minister Ersoy, said: "Tourism count of culture and arts crowning when you are far more valuable, much unbeatable, is much more beautiful. Last year, you know, in this context, we also brought up the scene and put it into service. Our stage for 1300 people. As of July 1, cultural activities were allowed this year. As of July 1, our art scene is coming into service. For the Bodrum residents, which we put into service last year, sometimes there are often agenda, pricing, we have a free public beach. We are putting it into service on July 1. Again for this season. People at the beach in Turkey instead of rolling out many. Again until the end of July, we will put two more public beaches in the Belek and Antalya regions and continue to spread free public beaches run by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, which are highly demanded by the public in various regions, districts of the Aegean. ”
“Bodrum Will Become A Point Of Attraction”
Mentioning the budget for the restoration project of the castle, Minister Ersoy said, “The project in Bodrum Castle has so far costed approximately 93 million liras. When the last remaining parts were completed by the end of the year, it was a restoration work of about 100 million pounds, but it was also good. Hopefully, it will become the attraction point of Bodrum in terms of cultural activities. We especially care about the scene. Because the revival of Bodrum's center with its tradesmen is very important. When we include tradesmen with the activities we carry out in tourism and culture, you get a result that everyone is happy with. ” used the expression.
Following the speeches, opening was performed by cutting the ribbon following the social distance rules. Later, Minister Ersoy and the accompanying delegation visited the areas where restoration processes were completed and received information from the authorities.
Opening, Muğla Governor Orhan Tavlı, AK Party Muğla Deputies Mehmet Yavuz Demir, Yelda Erol Gökcan, CHP Muğla Deputy Burak Erbay, Cultural Heritage and Museums General Manager Gökhan Yazgı, Bodrum District Governor Bekir Yılmaz, Bodrum Mayor Ahmet Aras, Muğla Tourism Provincial Director Zekeriya Nearly 50 guests attended besides Bingöl and Minister Ersoy's wife Pervin Ersoy.