The allegations of errors and negligence regarding the accident where two freight trains collided head-to-head near the Karabağlar District of Battalgazi district were brought to the agenda.
Speaking at the session of the General Assembly of the Turkish Grand National Assembly yesterday, Tuesday, CHP Istanbul Deputy Atty. Mahmut Tanal, kazanHe claimed that it happened because the train in Malatya center and the train in Battalgazi left without knowing each other. KazanSharing the information he gained about the formation of the city, Tanal said, “According to the information we have received, the train that will leave Malatya has malfunctioned. The dispatcher puts the waiting train in Battalgazi in line in case the breakdown takes a long time. The train, which fixed its fault early, departs unannounced as its documents are ready. From the direction of Battalgazi, the train allowed by the dispatcher comes. Both trains are unaware of each other. They collide head-on. Normally, the dispatcher who took the train on the opposite side had to inform the other dispatcher. If the news had been given, the accident would have been prevented by saying 'don't go out'. Again, human error. The most reliable means of transportation became known with accidents during the AK Party period," he said.
QUESTION REGARD TO ACCIDENT
CHP's Mahmut Tanal, 2 personnel lost their lives, 2 people were injured. kazanHe also brought the allegations regarding the reasons for the ban to the agenda of the Parliament through a parliamentary question. The parliamentary question that Tanal submitted to the Presidency of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey, with the request of the Minister of Transport and Infrastructure Adil Karaosmanoğlu, is as follows:
- Has preliminary information note, minutes and report been prepared by TCDD? If it is prepared, is it written in the official documents for which reason or reasons why the train accident occurred?
- As a result of the examination, research and investigation carried out kazanHas it been determined why? What is the cause of the train accident in Malatya?
- Is the claim that there is a malfunction in the machines of the train moving from Malatya and involved in the accident? Is the dispatch of the defective train canceled? Did the train with the machine malfunction moved despite the dispatch cancellation? Has the train waiting in Battalgazi been shipped to Malatya without the cancellation of the defective train?
- Has the trainer of the train in Malatya, whose defect in the machine was corrected after the train waiting in Battalgazi, was warned not to set off?
- Has the movement officer queued the train waiting in Battalgazi with the thought that the train breakdown of the train waiting in Malatya and the road permit will take a long time?
- The dispatcher told the mechanic and staff of the defective train, “I canceled your shipment. I called the train in Battalgazi. Why not set off after the fault has been remedied ”?
- Why is the movement officer waiting for the trainer and staff of the train waiting and allowed in Battalgazi: “The train in Malatya failed. That's why I put you in order. ”
- The mechanic and officers of the train in Malatya, whose fault was remedied, said, “The fault is resolved. Did we notify the relevant units and people that we will set out on the road?
- If it is reported, the train mechanic said, “The road to the train waiting in Battalgazi was granted for your fault to last long. Your shipment has been canceled. Why not stop by saying "Don't move?"
- Has the dispatcher who gave the train to the train in Battalgazi instead of the defective train notified the other relevant dispatcher regarding this change? If not, what is the reason for this?
- KazanOn the day of the crash, was there any maintenance and repair work on the road used by the trains colliding head-on?
- KazanWas the signaling system working during the hours of the earthquake? If it doesn't work, what is the reason?
- Will the negligence and errors regarding the train accident be investigated?
- Have any administrative investigations been launched into the accident?
- Will the statement of the movement officers be referred to?