📩 01/06/2020 17:50
since March in recorded history with the world we live in Turkey days is a rarity. The world has stopped and the fierce struggle has been fought against the invisible enemy since the first day. With the Covid-19 pandemic, the days that are closed to the houses are slowly lagging behind. As of June 1, the first steps towards normalization will be taken in Istanbul. The closed workplaces will be opened one by one, and life will return to normal. On the other hand, IMM will be in service with all its vehicles in order to avoid a problem on the first day of normalization in public transportation.
Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality (IMM) took all precautions for June 19, when normalization will begin after the Covid-1 pandemic. With IETT, metro, metrobus, sea transportation and the measures taken at the Grand Istanbul Bus Station, life in Istanbul will return to its normal course before March.
SUPPORT FROM RETIRED STAFF-
IETT, which is one of the most important transportation legs of the city, will start to serve from 6 June with its fleet of 100 thousand 1 vehicles. With the opening of the 3rd airport, flights will be organized from three different points to the airport. Reduced personnel shortage due to reported drivers due to Covid-19 is being closed with 400 retired former drivers. Chauffeurs who support this process will charge according to the daily casual.
26 ISKELE, 299 SEFER-
In sea transportation, Şehir Hatları AŞ. Will make a total of 16 voyages to 2 piers with 26 ferries and 299 car ferries every day. Flights, Üsküdar-Karaköy-Eminönü, Kadıköy-Karaköy Eminonu, Kadıköy-Beşiktaş, İstanbul-Adalar, Golden Horn Line, Sarıyer-Rumeli Kavağı-Anadolu Kavağı, İstinye-Çubuklu car, Beşiktaş-Adalar, Bostancı-Adalar ring lines.
MASK REQUIREMENT IN STATION AND VEHICLE
Subway services will start from 1:06 to 00:00 from 00 June. Passengers will have to comply with the rules of social distance and unmasked travel in stations and vehicles published by the Provincial Hygiene Council decision.
Lines to be operated:
M1A Yenikapı-Atatürk Airport metro line
M1B Yenikapı-Kirazlı metro line
M2 Yenikapı-Hacıosman metro line
M3 Kirazlı-Olimpiyat-Başakşehir metro line
M4 Kadıköy-Tavşantepe metro line
M5 Üsküdar-Çekmeköy metro line
M6 Levent-Boğaziçi Ü. / Hisarüstü metro line
T1 Kabataş- Bağcılar tram line
T4 Topkapı-Masjid-i Selam tram line
F1 Taksim-Kabataş funicular line
T3 used for touristic purposes Kadıköy- There will be no operation on the fashion tram, TF1 Maçka-Taşkışla and TF2 Eyüp-Piyer Loti cable car lines.
TO BE CONTINUED TO DISINFECTATION-
The intercity transportation ban will end on June 1st. Life that stops at the Great Istanbul Bus Station will restart and no problems will be encountered at the bus station thanks to the measures taken. Other measures taken at the bus station operated by Boğaziçi Yönetim AŞ are as follows:
- Operation of city shuttle vehicles of transport companies; It will be held in accordance with the provisions of the circular dated 28 March 2020 and measures will be taken.
- In the use of platforms, offices and buses will be warned so that intercity buses do not wait more than 1 hour until physical measures are taken.
- Small vehicles will not enter the platforms area.
- The social distance rule will be respected in the carrier offices, it will be mandatory to use masks and gloves and to have disinfectant fluid.
- Intercity passenger buses will disinfect their interior areas and inspections will continue before starting the trip.
- No bus will leave from the bus station. When Kalkan bus is detected, the relevant office will be held responsible.
- Exterior walls of intercity buses will be disinfected at the bus terminal.
- Pedestrians will be allowed to enter the bazaar area after passing through disinfected tunnels.
- All passengers in the bus station will be warned frequently to comply with the social distance and to use protective masks.
17 SECONDS BETWEEN TRIP
Metrobus, which will operate 24 hours a day, will organize 535 vehicles during peak hours on the busiest axis, once in 17 seconds. Tomorrow, 48 thousand of the 7 thousand flights in Istanbul will be the metrobus service.
WORKS WILL BE STOPPED AT THE WHERE TRAFFIC IS
In order to avoid any problems in traffic tomorrow, IMM Directorate of Transport took some measures. Vehicles from the Transportation Management Center under the Directorate of Transportation will be monitored for 24 hours and intervention will be made to the relevant point if necessary. Other measures taken are as follows:
-In case of accident or malfunction that will negatively affect the traffic flow, with the support of the police and tow truck, the defective vehicles will be immediately intervened and the negative effects on the traffic will be reduced. The tow trucks operated by the IMM police and the Road Maintenance Department will provide the roadside attraction of the vehicles free of charge 24 hours a day.
-In order to prevent negative effects on the traffic flow, field teams will be provided to start the field work at the appropriate hours.
- Damaged infrastructures will be intervened immediately by the Road Maintenance Department.
-The compulsory works will continue at night.
- Ongoing works by institutions such as İSKİ, İGDAŞ, AYEDAŞ, BEDAŞ will be directed to hours that will less affect the traffic flow.
- Necessary information and guidance will be made on the internet, mobile platform, variable message systems.
-The signal times required to ensure the smooth flow of traffic in the main arteries will be directed by the Transportation Management Center 7/24.
- Inspections will be carried out in coordination with mobile EDS vehicles, public transportation control teams, civil traffic and police teams. Roadside illegal parking, prohibited crossings, violations of traffic rules will be prevented. Traffic control and guidance will be carried out with police and police officers during the morning and evening peak times.
- With ALO 153, precautions regarding traffic violations will be evaluated and precautions will be taken.