It is one of the last and main stations of the Hicaz Railway line. This station is 15 km from the previous station. The station made of black stone covers many buildings. The total area of the station, which is 600 meters long and 400 meters wide, is 140.000 m2. The station built during the Ottoman period was built in two stages. It was first built in 1908 (Hijri 1326) and secondly in 1910 (Hijri 1328). There are various architectural structures added to the main building inside the station surrounded by walls. There are 6 large and small gates on the walls.
The station consists of a main building called El-Station, which means Turkish station. This place was built in the Arabic-Islamic architectural style suitable for the 19th century (Hijri 14th century) architectural school and on the road leading to El-Anbariye street outside the city walls at that time. The building, which has a rectangular appearance, measures 68.30 X 21 m and measures 1428 square meters. The first floor of the station was built in the first stage. It was opened with a ceremony in October 1908 (Hijri 5 Ramadan 1326). Construction of the second floor started immediately after the completion of the first floor. The second floor reached the completion stage in 1914 (Hijri 1333). However, due to the start of World War I, woodworking could not be completed. The east side of the station faces the El-Anbariye square. The first floor consists of 17 pointed strangers stretching from south to north and there is a hall over 18 columns.
The west side, which is the same as the east side, faces the interior area of the station. However, the central entrance of the west side is less magnificent than the central entrance of the east side. On the other hand, the south side and the north side are similar. Black and white stones were used on the outer surfaces of the building, which was built with basalt stone and black and white El-Ciri stone. In addition to the main building, the station consists of the following buildings: The study building, located on the north side of the station site with dimensions of (9.82 X 5.63 m), that is 55.2 m2, is rectangular in appearance (16.58X6.01 m), that is 99.6 m2, in the north of the station site. The resting building of the officers located is rectangular in appearance (27.66X8.14 m), that is, the 225 sqm area, the break building allocated for passengers in the same direction as the study building and near the north walls, is rectangular and consists of two floors (2X13.11 m) The main building warehouse of the station, which has an area of approximately 28 m367, is L-shaped, (2X35 m), that is approximately 35 m1.225, is located in the north section and forms the part of the main walls of the north walls, and the main product warehouse is rectangular. (2X87.06 M) measures approximately 23.20 The product office building, located in the south section of the station area with a m187 area, is rectangular in shape (2X27.58 m) and the locomotive repair building in the middle of the station area with an area of approximately 40.17 m1.207, is in the form of a square and consists of two floors (2X13.11 m ) The main building warehouse of the station, which has an area of 28 m367 in dimensions, has a L-appearance, (2X35 m), that is approximately 35 m1.225, is located in the north section and forms the part of the main walls of the north side and contains the main materials, rectangle. The appearance office building (2X87.06 M) is located in the southern part of the station area, which has an area of approximately 23.20 m187, is a rectangular shape (2X27.58 m) and the locomotive repair building in the middle of the western area of the station area with an area of approximately 40.17 m1.207. , rectangular view The water cistern building with dimensions of 2X11.4 m, i.e. approximately 11.4 m129.96 and 2 m in height and located on the west side of the station area, with an area of 6.45X7.59 m, that is 10.88 m82.5, is located in the west of the station area. the workshop manager has the residence building and the sink building.
It was decided by the Board of Historical Artifacts and Museums to include everything in the station for restoration in the middle of 2000, for a price of 22 Million Riyals in order to transform the station into an Islamic Museum. This project started on 11 September 2000 (Hijri 12 Cemadiy El-Ahire 1421). The restoration of the station took 3 years and 4 months after an uninterrupted operation.
The project in question constitutes a basic step in the revitalization of this historical area, which is located in the middle of El-Anbariye square. Right next to the station, there is the El-Anbariye masjid and Tayba High School school building, which was planned as the center of the Islamic University and built in the same period as the ground floor.
Likewise, the distribution of the buildings has been reconstructed in a way to make this station a cultural center and a historical monument and to be used in various areas. Accordingly, the station main building is allocated for the Islamic Heritage Museum and the study building for the office of the cultural and tourism offices. The resting building of the officers has been turned into a museum where the belongings of the late King Abdulaziz were used as the resting area of the officers of the Historical Works and the resting area of the passengers.
The residence of the station minister is used by the Historical Works and Museums Board. The main warehouse of materials was converted into the Medina Al-Münevvere Cultural Heritage Museum. The product or material office is used as the main courtyard of the reception. The locomotive repair shop is also prepared for the railways museum. The residence building of the station responsible for the station has been turned into a restoration, maintenance and registration center of historical monuments, and the water cistern and sinks continue to provide their previous services.