In the circular sent by the Ministry of Interior to the 81 Provincial Governors, a new type of coronavirus (Covid- 19) within the scope of the outbreak of the measures taken by the Directorate of Religious Affairs in order to prevent the spread in Turkey; From 16 March 2020, it was reminded that until the epidemic was taken under control, all mosques and masjids across the country were interrupted by the congregation.
At the current stage, it was stated that the measures to be taken for the opening of the mosques and masjids to worship at the Cabinet Meeting, which was held under the presidency of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday, it was decided that lunch, afternoon and Friday prayers can be performed with the congregation in mosques within the framework of the rules to be determined on Friday, 29 May 2020. was expressed.
Hygiene, social distance etc. that must be obeyed in the areas to be collectively determined by the Scientific Committee. considering the rules As of Friday, May 29, 2020 The rules determined by the relevant Ministries and the Directorate of Religious Affairs are listed in the circular as follows:
1) Only in mosques and masjids with the community noon, afternoon and friday His prayers will be performed. At other times, mosques and masjids will be kept open for those who want to perform individual prayers.
2) Covered by curfew Necessary warnings / information will be given to citizens and those who have symptoms of illness to stay at home.
3) The mosque garden / courtyard is primarily open areas. According to meteorological / seasonal conditions, noon and afternoon prayers can be performed in the mosque. Friday prayers will not be performed in the mosque.
4) More attention than ever will be given to the cleaning of all parts of the mosques and masjids, which started to be worshiped with the congregation, with appropriate methods every day. In the cleaning process, the places where hand contact is intensive, such as door handles, will be wiped especially with disinfectant materials.
5) Located in the mosque and masjid air conditioning and ventilation will not be operated, keeping doors and windows open continuous ventilation of the mosque and mosque will be provided.
6) To keep the common areas to a minimum ablution rooms, fountains and toilets will be kept closed. Ablution etc. to meet the mosques and masjids by meeting the needs at home or workplaces Necessary information / warnings will be given to the congregation.
7) Everyone, who will perform the congregation, noon, afternoon and Friday prayer, will have to wear a medical mask. The person / people who do not have a mask will not be allowed to pray in congregation.(Those who will perform individual prayers in mosques and masjids will also have to wear a mask.)
8) Commonly used in mosques and masjids and evaluated to increase the risk of epidemics / transmission rosary, womb, shoe shine etc. material will not be allowed.
9) Warning posters that include measures to be taken for coronavirus and the rules to be followed in order to pray with the congregation in mosques and mosques (by obtaining from provincial and district health directorates, mufti), will be pressed immediately and hung on all mosques and masjids.
10 ) People coming to mosques and masjids will be provided to bring their personal prayers with them. or will be offered by mufti offices by providing a disposable prayer mat. When prayers are performed in the courtyard of the mosque, our citizens will be advised to wash their prayer rugs.
11 ) In all areas to be prayed, it poses a risk for the transmission of the disease and is not possible to disinfect. parcel, cardboard, sack and mat etc. mats will not be used.
12 ) Everyone who will enter the mosques and masjid entrances and places determined as mosques / places of worship will be provided to disinfect hands.
13 ) In order to keep the time spent collectively in mosques and masjids as short as possible, It will be ensured that the community will be informed that the sunnahs of prayers can be performed at home and the prayer can be performed at home..
14 ) Necessary warnings will be repeated for the community to avoid physical contact (handshake, benefit, embrace etc.) and to comply with the social distance rule.
15 ) Located in the mosque campus the interiors of the shrines will not be opened to visitorsto prevent contact with the outer surfaces of the shrines the strip will be pulled at a distance of at least one meter.
16 ) It will make it difficult to maintain social distance in mosques mevlit, mass meal etc. Catering will not be allowed at events and mosques..
17 ) The measures taken against the beggars in front of the mosque will be maximized and especially the exhibition called after the Friday prayer. vegetables, fruits, clothing, toys, etc. product sale will not be allowed.
18 ) In order to perform prayers with the congregation in accordance with the social distance rule in mosques and masjids, under the coordination of Governor / District Governors;
a) Considering that a person will use an area of at least 60 × 110 cm (the area to be covered by the prayer ridge) in the closed areas / courtyard / garden of the mosques and other areas to be prayed to ensure the social distance between those who perform prayers, marking will be done on the ground in accordance with the shape sent in the annex, at a distance of one meter from each direction from the extreme points of the area to be prayed.
b) The maximum capacities of the mosques, the garden / courtyard and the open spaces to be prayed will be hung at the entrance of the mentioned areas in a way that can be seen by everyone. When the number of people inside reaches a sufficient point, this will be announced in accordance with the congregation waiting for entry.
19 ) Friday Pray,
a) To be determined by the Governorates and District Governorates (within the scope of the determinations of the provincial / district mufti) can be built in mosques with sufficient garden / courtyard / open area.
b) In the settlements where the mosque garden / courtyards are not enough with the proposal of provincial / district mufti district governors in districts, and in open areas deemed appropriate with the approval of the governors, Friday prayers can be performed within the framework of measures to be taken..
c) In determining the areas to perform Friday prayers factors such as seasonal conditions and the width of the area and ease of entry and exit will be considered.
d) The mosques (courtyards / gardens) to be determined by the Governorships and District Governorates to perform Friday prayers and open areas at the latest 26.05.2020 will be announced to the public by using various communication channels until.
e) The closed areas of the mosques will be kept closed on Friday.
f) Necessary precautions will be taken in order to hear the voice comfortably in the area to be performed on Friday prayers and to be seen by the congregation while the sermon is read.
g) Open areas determined to perform Friday prayers will be cleaned / disinfected before and after prayer in cooperation with the municipalities.
h) During the Friday prayers, it will start sitting from the first rank and this order will be followed until the last rank is filled. At the end of prayer and starting from the last rank, respectively. Necessary measures will be taken to leave the congregation from the prayer area.. In order to ensure this order, it is composed of at least five people for the mosques and open areas where each prayer will be performed in line with the suggestions of the provincial / district mufti by the governor / district governors. Friday Delegation will be created and law enforcement personnel will be assigned.
i) The Friday Delegation will primarily be composed of religious officials, male Koran course teachers and mufti staff from the mosques that do not perform Friday prayers. In this context, if there are not enough personnel, assignment will be made from other public officials. Also, if needed, members of mosque associations can be appointed for this purpose.
Duties of the Friday Delegation,
j) Friday Delegation; In coordination with the law enforcement personnel to be assigned, the congregation enters the areas to be prayed within the conditions specified in this circular (disinfecting hands, entering with a mask, bringing prayer prayer, etc.), explaining this situation in accordance with the congregation waiting for entry when the number of people entering will reach the specified number. and after the prayer, he will serve to ensure that the community goes out by preserving the social distance.
k) It is directly responsible for the implementation of the rules specified in this Circular by the Governorships and District Governorates, especially for the congregation to be taken in a manner that will provide the social distance to the places to be prayed, when the community does not enter the areas to be prayed, not to be crowded in violation of the social distance. law enforcement personnel will be assigned. Law enforcement units will perform their duties in coordination with the Friday Delegations.
l) In areas where Friday prayers will be performed by law enforcement units, physical barriers such as accordion barrier, barrier, colored cord / ribbon, plastic pontoon etc. will be utilized in order to ensure the entrance / exit of the community in a controlled manner.
m) Friday prayers will not be preached, sermons to be sent by the Presidency of Religious Affairs will be read without any additions and decals, and efforts will be made to perform prayers as soon as possible.
In this context; Planning and assignments will be made by the Governorships / District Governorates, in coordination with local administrations and related institutions, in order to carry out the implementation completely. Necessary announcements will be made to our citizens and no problems will be encountered in practice.