The Ministry of Family, Labor and Social Services has published guidelines on measures to be taken at the construction sites as part of combating the new type of coronavirus (Kovid-19).
The 19-item guide published by the General Directorate of Occupational Health and Safety was brought to the attention of site workers and OSH professionals.
In the guide, which includes all the measures titled “Protect Against New Type Coronary Infusion At The Construction Site In 19 Steps”, it was emphasized that the employer should notify the employees about the measures taken at the workplace.
It was reported that the measures to be taken at the construction sites with more than one employer should pay attention to cooperation and coordination and to ensure regular exchange of information among employers.
In the manual, the measures that employers should consider are listed as follows:
- The existing emergency plans and risk assessments will be updated, and if the coronavirus is detected in the employees, the action plan to be developed will also be included.
- Employed employees and their responsibilities will be determined. Coordinated work will be maintained.
- Necessary measures will be planned to minimize the risk of employees.
- During the determination and implementation of the measures, the opinions of the occupational health and safety professionals and employees will be taken into consideration.
- Large work teams will be divided into small units, and the social distance rule will be applied.
- A work plan will be created to ensure that activities are carried out with the lowest number of employees. The minimum level of communication between the employees will be ensured.
- Employees' lives will not be compromised, and will be prevented with proper planning and appropriate measures.
- Employees' fever will be measured in the morning before work, before lunch. Those with high fever will be directed to the workplace doctor.
- Employees will be regularly informed about the measures to be taken.
- The hygiene rules will be followed. Unless mandatory, visitors will be banned from the job site.
- The meetings will be held remotely using methods such as video conferencing.
- Employees will be provided to use personal protective equipment in accordance with standards and work.
- Employees with signs of coronavirus will be wearing the mask and delivered to the nearest health facility.
In the guide, the measures to be taken into account regarding the dining halls and resting areas in the construction sites are listed as follows:
- Measures to prevent social distance violations should be taken in common areas.
- Employees should have access to disinfectant and water soap.
- Regular ventilation should be done.
- Attention should be paid to hygiene rules in food needs.
- Precautions should be taken in areas where materials are stored.
- Measures across the country should not be violated.
Günceleme: 13/04/2020 13:05
Be the first to comment