Saab announced on April 29, 2020 that he had delivered the first GlobalEye AEW & C aircraft to the United Arab Emirates.
The United Arab Emirates has 3 finalized GlobalEye AEW & C orders.
The United Arab Emirates ordered 2015 GlobalEye aircraft with the contract it signed in late 3. In November 2019, the UAE announced its intention to complete a contract amendment for the purchase of two additional systems.
"The delivery of the first GlobalEye is an important milestone for Saab, but it is also an important step in the history of airborne early warning and control aircraft," said Saab President and CEO Micael Johansson. We have set a new standard for the market and I am proud to announce that we offer the world's most advanced aerial tracking product to the United Arab Emirates. ” used expressions.
Also, in the video published on the official Twitter account of Saab company, GlobalEye AEW & C was claimed to be the “best” AEW & C platform in the world.
The UAE currently has 3 Global Eye AEW & C aircraft orders. The two new planes are expected to be worth $ 1,018 billion. The first plane ordered was made its first flight in March 2018, and tests continued throughout 2018 and 2019.
Global Eye AEW & C system consists of various signal sensors, 6000 km range Saab Erieye ER AESA radar and Leonardo Seaspray radar and electro-optic camera, developed over Bombardier Global 450 jet.
* AEW & C: Airborne early warning and control aircraft.
UAE Air Force Saab 340 AEW & Cs
It is known that the United Arab Emirates Air Force operated 2 Saab 340 airborne early warning and control aircraft. It is known that the UAE is using this platform in the Gulf of Oman.
Features of Saab 340 AEW & C / S-100 B Argus
- Wingspan: 21,44 m / 70 ft 4 inches
- Length: 66 ft 8 in / 20,33 m
- Height: 6,97 m (22 ft 11 in)
- Engine: 1870x General Electric CT2-7B turboprop engine of 9 hp
- Empty Weight: 10.300 kg
- Maximum Takeoff Weight: 13,200 kg
- Aircraft Load Weight: 3,401 kg
- Climbing Speed: 10,2 m / s
- Maximum Speed: 528 km / h
- Crusing Speed: 528 km / h
- Range: 900.988 mi / 1.450 km
- Maximum Operational Altitude: 7.620 m
- Crew: 6
- Electronic Systems: 1x Ericsson Erieye (PS-890) radar, Link 16, HQII, IFF, encrypted audio equipment, mm (Source: Defencetürk)