There are no drugs that have been shown to be effective for coronaviruses today. For this reason, treatments are given to patients to reduce their complaints and to support impaired organ functions, if any. People who have personally traveled to or visited China in the past 14 days in our country should definitely contact the nearest healthcare facility if they have symptoms such as fever, cough, and respiratory distress.
WHAT ARE THE WAYS TO PROTECT VIRUS?
- Patients diagnosed with coronavirus can be transmitted when we approach more than one meter. Sick people should not be approached as much as possible. To prevent this, sick people should not go out into the community as much as possible, but they should wear a mask if they have to.
- Too much handshake and hugs should be avoided.
PREVENTION METHODS FROM EXTERNAL FACTORS
- When we cough or sneeze, if we don't have a handkerchief with us, we should sneeze or cough into our arm. This is a method of protection not only for the coronavirus, but also for other colds and flu.
- Hand hygiene is very important. We should definitely wash our hands as soon as we come home from outside. With as much soap and water as possible, it is necessary to wash between the fingers, the upper part of the hand, the palm, and then dry. It is not just going through water.
- We must have hand sanitizers that do not require water while we are out during the day. It is useful to use disinfectants when we finish our work while shopping in the market while traveling in the subway, buses.
MEASURES IN PUBLIC AREAS
- It should be ventilated frequently.
- Attention should be paid to surface cleaning. If it is deleted 2 times a day, this number should be doubled. This goes for the house.
- Hand sanitizers should be available in these places.
SHOULD GO TO HOSPITAL NOW
- In addition to the symptoms of flu and flu, young people without any disease should consult a doctor when they have shortness of breath.
- Those who receive cancer, kidney disease, heart transplant, and those who suppress the immune system should go to the hospital immediately, even with normal flu symptoms.
ATTENTION TO THE USE OF THE MASK
He explained that the Ministry of Health does not need to wear masks for non-patients. It was stated that wearing a mask can lead to a “false sense of security”. As he wears a mask, the perception of 'ok I am protected' occurs. Those who are sick are recommended to wear masks. It is more important for non-patients to take the necessary precautions that we count before wearing a mask.