An explanation was made for the aircraft belonging to Pegasus Airlines, which crashed off the runway during the landing from Sabiha Gökçen Airport from the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure.
In the statement made by the Ministry; Following the fact that some media outlets did not reflect the fact that the black boxes of the aircraft of Pegasus Airlines, which departed from Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport on February 05, 2020 and crashed at the Sabiha Gökçen Airport, were examined abroad and the accident report was published. explanation was deemed necessary.
Before judicial judgments and accident research and investigation reports emerge, misleading the public with inaccurate information is both an obstacle to reaching the causes of the accident in a healthy way, and injustice or relatives of people who are injured or lost their lives.
From the first moment of the accident, our Minister, Mr. Mehmet Cahit Turhan, is closely followed up by all our related units, and necessary explanations are also made. The public will continue to be informed by our ministry when a preliminary report on the accident and then the final report appear.
The studies carried out since the date and time stated above in the accident are as follows:
- Following the rescue activities after the accident in question, first necessary preliminary investigations were carried out at the wreckage site and the black boxes of the plane were provided.
- On February 12, 2020, a delegation of NTSB, FAA and Boeing experts and five of our staff came to the German Accident Investigation Unit to investigate black boxes, and investigations on only black boxes were concluded on February 15, 2020.
- Both CVR and FDR solutions have been completed without any problems. The analysis and evaluation studies obtained in this context are still ongoing.
To be evaluated in the accident investigation report to be prepared;
- Studies on taking and interpreting the testimonies of pilots and other related personnel related to the accident are ongoing.
- Information on all detailed weather conditions including rain, lightning and wind during flight and landing are collected from the General Directorate of Meteorology.
- Documents related to the physical conditions and maintenance of the runway related to the physical condition of the airport are collected and evaluated.
- The negotiations of Air Traffic Controllers with the aircraft have been provided, their examination and evaluation has started.
- As the aircraft designer and manufacturer state, the United States was appointed by the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) accredited representatives and started working with the Accident Investigation Group we established.
- In terms of manufacturing and maintenance, the procurement and evaluation of the technical specifications of the aircraft are also carried out.
- The Group in question continues to work on the accident investigation report, which will include recommendations for the prevention of similar accidents, and will prepare the preliminary report within one month and then complete the Final Report.