Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Rail System Department organized a workshop on İş Occupational Health and Safety in Metro Tunnel Projects iyle with the cooperation of TMMOB Chamber of Mining Engineers Istanbul Branch.
Workshop, Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality (IMM) Rail System Department, as well as all technical staff working in the projects of contractors, consultants and subcontractors, project managers, assistant managers, chiefs, staff, OHS Chief and OHS experts with the participation of the Leyla Gencer Opera and Art Center It was performed.
In his opening speech, Head of Railway System Assoc. Pelin Alpkökin emphasized the importance of occupational safety in subway tunnels and asked for the importance of the rules. Alpkökin also gave information about occupational health and safety.
TMMOB Chamber of Mining Engineers, Istanbul Branch President Mesut Erkan, who should be assigned to occupational health and safety in the field of engineering experts who are trained in the A-class certificate should be assigned, he said.
In the workshop; Architect and Occupational Safety Specialist Selçuk Şiyan, “Occupational Health and Safety Practices in Istanbul Metro Tunnels” on ”OHS Organization Field Supervision, Tender Specifications, Contractor Contracts“, Mining Engineer and Occupational Safety Specialist Selim Akyıldız on Metro Istanbul Metro Tunnels ” , Inspector Presidency Labor Inspector Mining Engineer Cumhur Kutay Erbayat made a presentation on İş Occupational Health and Safety Legislation Inspections and Case Studies in Tunneling ”.
METRO CONSTRUCTION WILL BE STRENGTHENED
Moderated by Assoc. Dr. Ümit Özer, the head of the panel section of the IMM Rail System Assoc. Dr. Pelin Alpkökin, IMM European Side Rail System Manager Ersin Baykal, IMM Anatolian Side Rail System Manager Fahrettin Öner, TMMOB Chamber of Mining Engineers Istanbul Branch President Mesut Erkan, TMMOB Chamber of Mining Engineers Istanbul Branch Treasurer Selçuk Şimşek, TMMOB Chamber of Mining Engineers Istanbul Branch Secretary Mehmet Makar She attended. The following conclusions came from the İş Occupational Health and Safety in Metro Tunnel Projects ”workshop, which was discussed in Q & A with the contributions of the participants in the hall:
- Inclusion of precise and standard clauses in Occupational Health and Safety issues in Technical Specifications and Contracts,
- Occupational Health and Safety-related activities starting from the design and planning stage right from the start, actively followed in all processes,
- Appointing expert engineers in underground, tunnel, building and construction field for monitoring of Occupational Health and Safety in Metro Tunnel Projects,
- Having a separate budget for Occupational Health and Safety in the Tender Proposals of the projects,
- Monitoring of Risk Assessment processes,
- The OHS Directorate, which will operate under the IMM Rail System Department, provides coordination in the projects.