production for the rail industry in Turkey, by detecting the current status of the import or export capacity and making modernization work for quality improvement and to make recommendations in this regard Rail Industry Technical Committee (RAY-TEK) was established.
The “Communiqué on the Formation and Duties of the Rail Systems Industry Technical Committee” of the Ministry of Industry and Technology was published in the Official Gazette and entered into force.
COMMUNIQUE ON THE FORMATION AND DUTIES OF THE RAIL SYSTEMS INDUSTRY TECHNICAL COMMITTEE (COMMUNICATION NO: SVGM-2019 / 1)
Purpose, Scope, Basis and Definitions
ARTICLE 1 - (1) The purpose of this Communiqué is; to determine the industrial policy of rail systems in line with the principles, targets and policies in the development plans, annual programs and strategies, to establish a technical committee for the determination of the problems of the sector and to develop the solutions, and to determine the working procedures and principles of this committee.
ARTICLE 2 - (1) This Communiqué covers the duties and principles of the Railway Systems Industry Technical Committee (RAY-TEK), which consists of representatives of public institutions and organizations related to rail systems industry and sector representatives.
ARTICLE 3 - (1) This Communiqué 10 dated 7 / 2018 / 30474 1 No. 388 of the Presidency of the Presidency Decree of the first paragraph of the article (d) with the subparagraph 29 / 6 / 2001 dated and 4703 dated technical legislation on the preparation of Products and Based on the Law on its Implementation.
ARTICLE 4 - (1) In this Communiqué;
- a) Ministry: Ministry of Industry and Technology,
- b) General Manager: General Director of Industry and Productivity,
- c) Headquarters: General Directorate of Industry and Productivity,
ç) Rail Systems: High speed, conventional, suburban, subway, tramway, light rail, monorail, magnetic lift (MAGLEV) lines and all kinds of vehicles operated on these lines,
- d) RAY-TEK: The Technical Committee of the Rail Systems Industry, consisting of representatives of the institutions and organizations mentioned in the first paragraph of Article 5 of this Communiqué,
- e) Secretariat: The relevant department head appointed by the General Directorate of Industry and Productivity to serve as the secretariat of the Technical Committee,
RAY-TEK Formation, Working Procedures and Principles and Duties
Formation of RAY-TEK
ARTICLE 5 - (1) RAY-TEK consists of representatives of the following institutions and organizations:
- a) Two members representing the General Directorate.
- b) A member representing the General Directorate of Industrial Products Safety and Inspection.
- c) A member representing the General Directorate of Industrial Zones of the Ministry.
ç) The Ministry is a member representing the General Directorate of European Union and Foreign Relations.
- d) A member of the Ministry representing the General Directorate of R & D Incentives.
- e) The Ministry is a member of the General Directorate of Incentive Implementation and Foreign Capital.
- f) A member representing the Ministry of Trade.
- g) A member representing the Presidency of Strategy and Budget Presidency.
ğ) A member of the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure representing the General Directorate of Railway Regulation.
- h) A member representing the Directorate General of Infrastructure Investments of the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure.
i) The Republic of Turkey is a member representing the Directorate General of Railways.
- i) The Republic of Turkey, a member representing the State Railways Transport Joint Stock Company.
- j) Locomotive and Engine Industry Corporation of Turkey (TÜLOMSAŞ) representing a member.
- k) Wagon Industry Corporation of Turkey (TÜVASAŞ) representing a member.
- l) Turkey Railway Machines Industry Joint Stock Company (TÜDEMSAŞ) representing a member.
- m) Three members from universities representing the Higher Education Council.
- n) A member representing the Presidency of Development and Support of Small and Medium Enterprises.
- o) A member of the Turkish Standards Institute (TSE).
d) The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK) representing a member.
- p) A member representing the Turkish Patent and Trademark Authority.
- r) A member representing the Turkish Accreditation Agency.
- h) one member representing the Turkey Chambers and Stock Exchanges Union.
is a member representing the Union of Chambers of Turkish Engineers and Architects.
- t) A member representing Turkey Exporters Assembly.
- u) A member representing the Association of Rail Transport Systems and Industrialists.
ü) A member representing the Anatolian Rail Transportation Systems Cluster Association.
- v) A member representing the Association of Rail Systems Clusters.
- y) A member of the National Rail System Research and Testing Center.
- z) A member representing the All Rail System Operators Association.
- aa) one member representing the Union of Municipalities of Turkey.
- bb) A member representing the TRtest Testing and Evaluation Company.
- cc) Member of Karabük Iron and Steel Industry and Trade Corporation.
(2) RAY-TEK members are determined by the relevant institutions and organizations for two years upon the request of the Ministry and notified to the Ministry.
(3) In case of a change in RAY-TEK membership, new member information shall be notified to the Ministry.
(4) In the event that the RAY-TEK membership is terminated due to the expiry of the term of office, it is assumed that the membership of the committee will continue for the next two years unless the Ministry informs the amendment.
Working principles and principles of RAY-TEK
ARTICLE 6 - (1) RAY-TEK's working principles and procedures are as follows:
- a) Meetings shall be held on the dates deemed appropriate by the General Directorate.
- b) The meeting agenda is determined by the General Directorate. RAY-TEK members communicate their requests to the RAY-TEK Chairman or the General Directorate in writing on the agenda item for the next meeting.
- c) RAY-TEK, as a result of the invitation letter of the Ministry containing the agenda of the meeting, meets at least 1 / 2 of the total number of members and takes decisions by majority of votes.
ç) RAY-TEK shall be chaired by the General Manager or the Ministry representative to be authorized by him.
- d) The secretariat services of RAY-TEK are carried out by the General Directorate.
- e) Decisions taken at the meeting are written in the decision book and an example of the decision shall be sent by the RAY-TEK Secretariat to the members following the meeting.
- f) In each meeting, the decision book page containing the decisions taken at the previous meeting is signed by RAY-TEK members.
- g) In cases deemed necessary by RAY-TEK, relevant institutions, organizations and relevant sector representatives may be invited as observers. Observers do not have the rights of RAY-TEK members.
ARTICLE 7 - (1) RAY-TEK's tasks are as follows:
- a) Regarding the rail industry; to make an effort to determine the current situation of production, import or export and to carry out studies on development, improvement and modernization in order to increase capacity and quality.
- b) To follow the works of the railway systems industry in accordance with international standards and legislation, in particular European Union legislation, and to make recommendations to sector stakeholders.
- c) To follow the work of the European Union and other international organizations on the rail systems industry and to make recommendations for the development of cooperation opportunities between our country and other foreign countries.
ç) To identify the problems encountered in the sectors related to the rail industry and to make recommendations on the solution.
- d) To review the revision works to be made in the relevant legislation and new technical legislation drafts to be prepared in accordance with the developments, and to propose new legislation in accordance with the examinations and identified needs.
- e) To identify the problems faced by the relevant sectors and / or issues to be clarified within the scope of implementing the legislation related to the railway systems industry, and to develop solutions to these issues.
- f) To follow the developments in the world and in our country regarding the railway systems industry, to make opinions and suggestions about the problems and complaints that have been submitted to the Ministry.
- g) To make opinions and suggestions regarding the determination of the strategies for the future of the railway systems industry.
Miscellaneous and Final Provisions
Evaluation of RAY-TEK's decisions
ARTICLE 8 - (1) The decisions of RAY-TEK are advisory and the decisions taken by the Ministry are evaluated by the Ministry.
ARTICLE 9 - (1) This Communiqué enters into force on the date of publication.
ARTICLE 10 - (1) The provisions of this Communiqué are executed by the Minister of Industry and Technology.