Another first in Istanbul, the city of firsts. Driverless metro period started in Turkey. The first phase of Üsküdar-Ümraniye-Çekmeköy-Sancaktepe metro, which is an important line in public transportation, is put into service with the participation of our President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.
- Length: 20 km
- Station: 16
- Wagon: 126 pieces
- Wagon length: 128.880 meter
- Passenger capacity: 1622 person / array
- Passenger: One way per hour: 65 bin
- Day: 700 thousand passengers.
- Reduction in annual co2 emissions: 77 thousand 246 tons
- Energy return is provided by making use of the brake power of the trains.
- The braking distance will be shortened, and energy savings will be achieved.
- Platform separator door system
- Turkey's first driverless, fully automatic metro.
- Turkey's first set of 6 wagons each, the longest metro wagon with the highest passenger capacity.
- The first metro vehicles in Turkey and the number one worldwide that can operate with a frequency of 1,5 minutes.
- The first metro vehicles with 1500mm passenger door opening among Turkish rail system vehicles.
- The first DOMESTIC PRODUCT usage requirement (15%) in the Turkish Railway sector was successfully fulfilled.
- HVAC (Air Conditioning) units are completely localized with their technology.
FEATURES OF THE FIRST STAGE TO BE OPENED
Length: 10,5 km,
LINE INTEGRATED POINTS
Marmaray in Üsküdar,
Marmaraydan, Yenikapı-Hacıosman And All Other Metrolara
Metrobus in Altunizade
TRAVEL TIMES FROM SANCAKTEPE:
Uskudar: 27 min.
Umraniye 15,5 min.
Eagle: 62 min.
Yenikapı: 39 min.
Taksim: 47 min.
Hacıosman: 71 min.
Airport: 71 min.
Olympic Stadium: 81 dk
The finishing works of the remaining 7 stations have been completed. It will open in June 2018.