Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality continues to implement its projects to minimize the traffic problem and popularize public transportation.
The railway system, Eminönü Alibeyköy tram line, which is integrated with the sea and rubber wheeled public transportation vehicles, continues at full speed. The line starting from Eminönü Square will reach to Unkapanı, Fener, Eyüp, Silahtarağa and Alibeyköy. It will be one of the most important public transportation routes of Istanbul. When the tram line is put into service, uninterrupted public transport will be provided by Medipol University Unkapanı Campus, Kadir Has University Cibali Campus, Feshane, Eyüp State Hospital, Bilgi University Santral Campus, Historical Piyer Loti Hill and Alibeyköy Pocket Bus Station.
Due to the fact that some of these areas are within the historical peninsula and on the shores of the Golden Horn, historical, touristic and ecological aspects of the region are planned to reduce the vehicle traffic, reduce carbon emissions and increase pedestrian mobility.
The route of the line was approved with the decisions of Istanbul II and IV Conservation Zone Board regarding the tram line. The partial revisions requested by the protection committee on the route were carried out in accordance with the board decisions. Therefore, the studies are carried out in coordination with the Conservation Regional Board and after the approval of the Protection Boards and their approval.
There is not enough space for the route to pass by the highway, so the tram line is provided through the piled platform in the 3 region. The application in these areas is a technical requirement in terms of transportation requirements and ground parameters. Haliç clay and rock depth (-45 m) - (-60 m) around, in terms of construction technique, and the views of the university lecturers received in line with the line route only in the 3 region requires the construction of partially piled platforms.
RELATIONSHIP WITH HISTORICAL BUILDINGS
While determining the tramway route, the historical buildings on the route were taken into consideration during the project phase. Vibration measurements are made without interruption by placing sensors in historical buildings. These measurements by the university lecturers, who are experts in the subject, are examined and reported. As a result of the measurements made, it was determined by the University Faculty Members that there would be no deformation or negative situation in the historical buildings. The reports are shared with the Regional Directorate of Foundations and the Protection Boards. The methods of manufacturing during the studies were planned to minimize vibrations.
BRIEF LINE INFORMATION
The route starting from Eminönü bus stops area with Eminönü Station, Küçükpazar, Cibali, Fener, Balat, Ayvansaray, Feshane, Eyüp-Teleferik, Eyüp State Hospital, Silahtarağa Station and Sakarya Neighborhood Station pass through the Golden Horn coast, continue with Alibeyköy Merkez, Alibeyköy Metro Station and Will end at Alibeyköy Cep Bus Station.
* Even; 2 series will serve 30 vehicles.
* Daily 114.000 passenger capacity
* 14 units 60 m long station
* Travel time 35 min
* Line length: 10 km
* Trolley vehicles, which are completely catenary along the route, will take their energy from a system embedded between two rails.
* The catenary energy poles that make up the image pollution and the connected overhead line power cables shall not be used.
Integration of stations
10 provides integration with ongoing and planned lines at separate points
1. Kabataş- Bağcılar Tram Line (T1) Eminönü Station and City Lines Eminönü ferry terminals and Eminönü Station,
2. Hacıosman-Yenikapı Metro Line (M2) at Küçükpazar Station,
3. Beylikdüzü-Sogutlucesme Metrobus Line and Ayvansaray Station,
4. Eyüp-Pierre Loti-Miniatürk Cable Car Line (TF2) at Eyüp-Teleferik Station,
5. With the planned Bayrampaşa-Eyüp Tram Line at Feshane Station,
6. Planned Kazlıçeşme-Söğütlüçeşme Metro Line in Silahtarağa Station,
7. Planned Eyüp-Yeşilpınar Ropeway Line in Sakarya Neighborhood Station,
8. Mecidiyeköy-Mahmutbey Metro Line (M7) at Alibeyköy Metro Station,
9. It is integrated in Seyrantepe-Alibeyköy Metro Line and Alibeyköy Mobile Bus Station.