Historical Golden Horn-Kemerburgaz Dekovil Line re-enacts

Historical Golden Horn-Kemerburgaz Dekovil Line is coming back to life: Major investments are made in public transportation with the slogan of "Metro Everywhere, Everywhere" by Istanbul Metropolitan Mayor Kadir Topbaş. A new one is added to public transportation investments made for the first time in the world with the municipal budget. Haliç-Kemerburgaz Dekovil Line, which had an important place in the past, is implemented by the order of President Topbaş.



The Haliç-Kemerburgaz decoiler line, the historical railway line that was established between the Guntarağa Power Plant operating in Istanbul in the past and the lignite quarries in the north of the city. With the project, the Golden Horn - Black Sea Sahara Line, which is of historical importance, is put into service and it is aimed to provide public transportation and touristic trips. The construction of the Dekovil Line, which will be tendered on January 13, will be put into service in 22 months.

Route:

The first 2 stage construction will begin by preserving the historic route of the historic decovil line. Starting from Istanbul in the line Silahtarağa, Santral will end in the Ayvad Bendi promenade area from Göktürk by following the Kağıthane stream and Cendere road.

General Information:

Length of the line: 25 km

Number of Stations: 10 pieces

Stations: Santral İstanbul, Kağıthane, Sadabat, Cendere, TT Arena, Hamidiye, Kemerburgaz, Mithatpaşa, Ayvad Bendi and Göktürk Stations, together with 1 warehouse maintenance area is planned to be built.
Line District: Kağıthane and Eyüp

Duration of the Work: Tender works have been initiated and it is aimed to be completed within 22 months following the conclusion of the contract. The 2 m bicycle path and 2 m pedestrian path are planned along the route.

Even Tools to be Used:

It is planned to provide service with nostalgic vehicles considering the original vehicles of the historic Dekovil line.

Integration Points;

  • Mahmutbey- Mecidiyeköy- under construction Kabataş At Metro Line and Sadabat Station,
  • Eminönü-Alibeyköy Tram Line and Silahtarağa Station are under construction.
  • Planned Istinye-ITU-Kağıthane Metro Line will be at TT Arena Station.

GENERAL HISTORY OF DEKOVIL LINE;

The tram line, known as the “Golden Horn - Black Sea Field Line” at the time of its first construction, is the railway line established between the Guntaraga Power Plant operating in Istanbul in 1914 and the lignite pits in the north of the city. The Guntaraga Power Plant, which was taken from Zonguldak and brought to Istanbul by sea during the first periods of its operation, started to have difficulties in coal supply during the first world war. For this reason, Osmanli Anonim Elektrik Şirketi, the operating company, has developed a number of solutions to find coal in the cheapest and shortest way. As a result, it was decided to bring the coal extracted from the lignite quarries in the tree village of Agacli, which is within the borders of Eyup district, to the power plant with a new line of decoupling. On February 1, 1915, the construction of the first line of the line, Silahtarağa - Ağaçlı decoovil line was started, and the first phase was completed in a short time and put into service in July 1915.

In line with the requirements, the extension of the line was brought to the agenda and the second stage of the 20 December 1916 was the second day of the line.

The line passing through Göktürk and Kemerburgaz was divided into two branches in Kemerburgaz. One of the branches of the 43 km long line was following the Kagithane Creek, passing under the Uzun Kemer and meeting the Black Sea in the village of Agacli. The other branch was through the Belgrad Forest and reached the Black Sea in the village of Çiftalan. Both ends of the line reaching the Black Sea coast were connected to each other with a 5-kilometer addition, a ring was created in the north of Kemerburgaz and a 62 km long tram line was created.

Since the Black Sea field line was built as a one-way, in some regions, mobile lines were constructed in order to allow the trains coming from the opposite directions to pass without clogging. In addition, the terrain conditions on the route route required a number of bridges.

The line was transferred to the Ministry of Trade in 1922 and to the Ministry of Economy after the proclamation of the Republic. The use of some sections of the line continued until 1956, but over time, this use also decreased. Today, although some traces of the track are encountered in places, most of the line is buried in the ground.

Click Here for Haliç-Kemerburgaz Dekovil Line Auction

 


sohbet

Be the first to comment

Comments

Related Articles and Advertisements