A century of ski equipment on display in a mini-museum: important winter tourism centers of Turkey's Erciyes opened museum sheds light on the materials used in the history of skiing. The exhibition, which includes a century-old ski equipment, also includes the ski suit made in 1914 in the carpenter's workshop in the Golden Horn.
Those who come to Erciyes Ski Center, which has become the center of attention all over the world with the realization of the master project, also visit the museum where ski equipment is available for a century. skis used in organized races in Turkey's collected from various provinces and between the ski equipment exhibited at the museum in Erciyes made in a carpentry workshop in the Golden Horn in 1914 and at that time in Erzurum, one of the 30 ski team sent to courses and Turkey Ski Federation in 1940-1950 years is also included.
Vice President of Kayseri Tourism Operators Association (KAYTİD), Mehmet Enterceoğlu, gave information about the museum that was opened and stated that they felt the lack of skiing museum in Kayseri, whose winter sports history dates back to the 1900s, and that they have worked in previous years to eliminate this. Funcelioğlu stated that some of his friends, who knew that they were interested in skiing, presented the ski equipment they had and opened a museum with these materials.
Turkey's collected from different yl created museum about 75 ski and snowboard material 10. Museums also ski boots of the early 1900s, by Turkey Ski Federation in 1940, 1945 and skis are also used in races held in 1950. It is noteworthy that the skis are usually made of wood and thin soles. Mechanical parts belonging to the first chair lift line established in 1963 in Erciyes and the snow crushing machine of that period are also in the museum.