Turkey with the investment of 48 billion euros, Winter Sports Center will be: Turkey Ski Federation President Erol Benefits, "A Model for Economic Development; Skiing Sport ", the project in the coming period and shared with the public at a press conference organized by the goals they set as Turkey Ski Federation. TKF President Yarar said, “An Economic Development Model; He emphasized that the project titled “Skiing Sport” basically has two pillars, while providing the necessary support in cooperation with clubs to train athletes, on the other hand, it should be focused on investment. Turkey's 12 billion euro with an investment to be carried out spread over 48 years, could become a winter sports center and in the world by geographical reasons Benefits saying that attended very few among the countries that held the Winter Olympics "48 billion euros at a very reasonable amount of investment for 12 years ... Istanbul ' "We are talking about an investment equal to only two airport investments like the new airport made in Istanbul."
Skiing is the only sport that provides regional development
Turkey Ski Federation at the meeting held with the participation of members of the Executive Board, ski sports in the world and in Turkey; TKF President Erol Yarar, who compares the number of athletes, the number of races, the number of ski runs and lifts and economic income, and touched on the contribution of winter sports, especially skiing, to the economy, said: going back over the years. For example, Austria's most important source of income is winter tourism and skiing. Austria's population is only 7 million, its GNP is 8.4 billion Euros and the total return of skiing to the Austrian economy is 309.9 billion Euros, ”he said.
winter sports in the mountains in Turkey can be made only from 3.000 to 10
That more than 3.000 mountain in Turkey, but only 10 of them in the winter sports Referring Benefits may be done "very convenient to ski mountains in Turkey. In our country, there are 2.000 mountains above 166 m, 3.000 mountains above 137 m and 4.000 mountains above 4 m. However, we cannot utilize our potential. Turkey, 2.5 million euros Ski Federation has a low budget and financial power than in Western European countries, "he said.
Turkey Investment Projections 2023 48 billion euros
Turkey's to be a candidate for a winter sports center and the Winter Olympics in 2023, while athletes raising a hand Referring to the importance of making the necessary investments TKF President Erol Benefits, the state of these investments, local authorities and said the private sector should be done in cooperation with . Regarding the investment areas and amounts of the benefit, “5.000 Billion Euro for 18,5 hotel investments, 100 Billion Euro for infrastructure investments in 15 regions, 100 Billion Euro for 1.000 lift investments in 5,6 regions, 5 Billion Euro for mountain processing machinery, We made a projection of 4,1 Billion Euros for promotion, education and schools and 250 Million Euros for regional ski hospitals. The total investment is 12 Billion Euros in 48.450 years. "This figure is equal to the investment of only two airports like the third airport to be built in Istanbul, and we are talking about a 12-year projection."
Turkey Ski Federation's 2023 targets
Turkey Ski Federation since April as they took over management work they perform a very serious and long-term goals expressed their determined that the TKF President of Benefits, tkf'n's "A Model for Economic Development; He listed the 2023 goals he developed within the framework of the "Ski Sport" project as follows:
- Establishing winter sports centers in regions suitable for winter sports will be coordinated, and winter tourism and winter sports will be developed in these regions.
- 4 million people in Turkey, athletes and / or will be integrated with skiing as a spectator.
- R&D studies that will ensure the formation of 100 hotels and 5.000 bed capacity in 275.000 Regions will be completed and submitted to the government.
- All technical projects will be prepared and implementation coordination will be provided for the actual establishment of a highly developed model zone at international standards.
- 30 regional (Balkan-Asia-Europe) Championships and 10 World Championships will be hosted.
- Planning and pioneering the formation of the sector that will generate an annual income of 10 billion Euros.
- 500.000 new jobs will be created.
- the industry that allows the construction of ski sports by creating parallel infrastructure development in Turkey 1 billion per year to $ will create a new industry.
- 13,5 million tourist potential will be utilized annually.
- Turkey will aspire to the Winter Olympics.
- 3 Winter Sports Academies will be established and operated.
- Turkey's infrastructure development will be completed in winter sports into the top 10 in the world, will be installed medal athletes training system
- 100.000 national and international athletes will be trained. The infrastructure works that will bring the athletes to the Olympic level will be completed.
- All clubs will be brought to international standards. Federation, club and athlete communication will be made continuous and healthy.