Scary account for the 3rd Airport: There may be 2-3 plane accidents a year due to birds. Ornithologist Assoc. Dr. According to Zeynel Arslangündoğdu's account, the 3rd Airport, which will be built in the middle of one of the most important bird migration routes in the world, has at least 2-3 accidents caused by birds every year.
Belgrad Forest, Istanbul Bosphorus and Terkos Lake 2005 research conducted since the Istanbul University Faculty of Forestry ornithologist Assoc. Dr. Zeynel Arslangündoğdu stated that the Black Sea coast, where the airport will be built, is one of the most important bird migration routes in the world and that the plane crashes caused by birds are a serious risk, as stated in the final EIA report published in 2013.
According to the risk modeling of Arslangundoğdu based on data such as the size of the airport, the number of flights and the amount of birds that will pass through the airspace, 3. There is the possibility of at least 2-3 accident caused by birds every year. Arslangündoğdu said, ama I attended the EIA meeting of the airport but the president did not want to make a speech. 10 is the year of bird counts in this region, the results of scientific research is obvious. 3. Airport, Turkey's asked to be done in the middle of bird migration routes where the most intense use. It's our responsibility to tell what we know. If such accidents happen in the future 'Why did not warn you on time' 'he said.
Assoc. Dr. We visited the connection roads of the 3rd Bridge with Zeynel Arslangündoğdu
At the Atatürk Airport in Yeşilköy, the news of the 2014 hit by the 6 aircraft flocks in July and August, the authorities of the State Airports Authority (DHMİ) were working frequently on the tracks to abduct the storks, and the 68 bird firing device was bought. Arslangündoğdu, especially in the spring 3. At least 4 times the number of birds passing through the region and the accident risk is much higher than Yeşilköy.
ARSLANGÜNDOĞDU of the airport not only for air passengers Turkey is a signatory to the European Wildlife and Life Conservation of Habitats (BERN) under protection due to the Contract and that creates a serious threat to many bird using this migration route. Nearly all of the population of protected bird species uses this route for migration; for instance, the 90 of the storks breeding in Eastern Europe pass through during the spring and autumn migrations.
- As a result of stork migrations in July and August, at least one 6 airplane was hit by the flocks of birds at Atatürk Airport and the flights were blocked. 3. Will there be such accidents due to the birds at the airport?
- The possibility of plane crashes is much higher due to birds in the area where the airport will be built. There are two reasons for this. In the autumn, birds set off from Europe and migrate to Africa via Anatolia. For this migration, there are people passing through Yeşilköy, where Atatürk Airport is located, but there are alternatives to this route, for example, some birds cross to Anatolia via Büyükçekmece, some through Eminönü, Zeytinburnu and the Islands. We even know that there are birds passing the Marmara by landing on ships. However, the only option for birds traveling from Africa to Europe during the spring migration is the 3-kilometer corridor in the area where the 10rd Airport will be built. If 50-100 thousand birds pass over Atatürk Airport in autumn, we can say that 3 thousand birds will pass over the 400rd Airport in the spring, which means at least 4 times more birds. Therefore, the accident risk is much higher at the new airport.
- Is it possible to express this risk in numbers?
We're able to imagine this with less modeling. 3. In the area where the airport will be built, there is a very dense bird migration in the spring. We have data from the 10 year in this region. 3. According to the EIA report of the airport, the planes 3 will be able to make a landing and take off in minutes. As a result of the modeling I made by taking into account only the flights to be made during the day, I have determined that at least 2-3 is likely to cause serious accidents per year. If we count the smaller accidents, the number goes above 10.
- How is this account made?
The size of the airport, the direction of the landing and take-off runways, the number of flight times (landing and departures), landing and departure directions, the amount of birds passing through the airport area airspace (daily, hourly, minute), the densities of these birds, flight routes, risk models are created by using air sizes (wind direction, temperature, sunshine times, etc.) with characteristics such as size, bird mass, flight heights. All of these factors can be used to estimate the amount of aircraft-bird collisions, periods, days and hours.
- Which birds from the airport will take place when?
There is intense migration especially in the spring through the Northern Forests. Streams, Eagles, Falcons, Pierces, Atmacalar and Doganlar pass through the Black Sea coast from March to March. In the spring about 400 bin bird uses this area. In autumn, predatory birds tend to cross north, including the number of birds using the 200 bin. In the observations made, it was determined that the birds passing through the forests located in the north of Istanbul were fed and fed. In addition, waterfowl and songbirds migrate through Istanbul.
- Which birds from the airport will take place when?
It is fair to say that roughly 600.000 birds per year migrate from the area. The Bern (Conservation of European Wildlife and Habitat) contract, which we will protect these birds, has been committed. This convention protects many species, especially birds of prey and storks that migrate by gliding. For example, the lesser spotted eagles (Aquila pomarina) migrate through Turkey, 90% of the world population.
Our country is much richer than many European countries in terms of bird presence. Turkey consists of 470 the presence of bird species. In the Belgrade Forest we know that 160 is species, in general 3. Airport and 3. We are talking about 200 types in the area affected by the connection roads with the bridge. So here are about half of the species in Turkey.
Storks resting on trees near the construction of the 25rd bridge link road on the Kemerburgaz-Arnavutköy road on 3 August
- Is the migration path of birds changed? 3. Can't they pass through the airport?
No, the migration route doesn't change. These routes, which were formed in tens of thousands of years, know the experienced birds and guide the herd. Migration for migratory birds whose weight weighs 4 is already extremely difficult, even a third of young and inexperienced birds die during migration. Large migratory birds migrate, not flapping their wings to consume less energy. Therefore, they do not fly over the seas, they rise above the land by drawing circles with thermal air currents called "natural lifts" and they leave themselves when they reach a certain height. These air currents are 3. The airport is built on the 10 kilometer area on the coastal area of the Black Sea.
- In the final EIA report of the airport, the risk of accidents caused by birds is mentioned. In fact, the airport is clearly on migration routes.
In the EIA report, both bird species are missing and many misinformation. 3. Airport, 3. We mentioned that there are 200 bird species in the project area including bridge and connection roads. In the list given in the EIA Report, bird species likely to be present in the project area are limited to 17. This list was taken indiscriminately from a bird book. For example, the Great Black-backed Seagull (Larus marinus) is a non-common species in our country. Many species of gulls that are common in the country are not on the list. The ornithological studies in the EIA evaluation report are short-term studies and not sufficient. In order to determine the seasonal distribution and density of bird migration, the region should be regularly monitored for at least two years. All these observations had to be made before the construction started, not after the construction started.
8 ACCIDENTS AT ATATÜRK AIRPORT SINCE APRIL At Ataturk Airport, at least 2014 planes have been hit by birds since April 8. There were 6 accidents that were reported to the press only in July and August. When it was determined that the planes were damaged in most of the accidents, the passengers were sent by another plane.
20 August: The Nairobi expedition's THY aircraft entered a flock of birds shortly after its takeoff. Damage to the engine panels and nose of the aircraft returned to Atatürk Airport.
August 18: Budapest flying from Turkey Turkish Airlines aircraft crashed during takeoff storks. The plane that managed to land in Budapest could not make its return flight due to damage.
August 4: A bird entered the engine of the THY plane, which will depart from Istanbul to New York. The plane, which has prolonged flame (igniting and igniting of the accumulated gasoline) due to the bird stuck in the engine, managed to land at Atatürk Airport after 2,5 hours by touring in the air to reduce its fuel.
July 28: The passenger plane of Turkish Airlines, on the Istanbul-Kilimanjaro flight, hit a flock of birds shortly after takeoff and returned to Atatürk Airport. On the same day, a passenger plane on the Istanbul-Berlin flight hit a flock of birds shortly after take off, returned to the airport and was taken to the hangar for maintenance.
26 July: THY's Istanbul-New York plane returned to the airport after a short period of flight. The controls that were determined not to be issued again were taken care of.
1 June: A flock of birds entered the THY plane of the Istanbul-Bishkek expedition shortly after its launch. Passengers returning to the airport and taken to the aircraft were sent by another aircraft.
30 APRIL: THY aircraft carrying Hamburg-Istanbul flight did not land on the runway as the birds entered the flock. DHMI officials closed the track to 15 minutes and collected birds.
RISK ANALYSIS WILL BE DONE DURING OPERATION!
The Final EIA Report published by the Ministry of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communications in April 2013 included the following determinations:
* Ir The region where the airport will be established is on the Bird Migration Routes. The number of birds passing can be summarized as follows: Minimum 500.000 stork (Ciconia ciconia) and 25.000 black stork (Ciconia nigra), minimum 250.000 raptor, Major hawk (Buteo buteo), bee hawk (Pernis apivorus) and small forest eagle (Aquila pomarina). "
* Ları Risk analysis related to bird aircraft collisions can only be prepared with bird counts during construction and operation of the activity. In the spring and autumn migration period, migratory and indigenous species and wintering species will be monitored for two years and migration routes and flight routes will be determined in order to evaluate the area in terms of bird migration routes and bird-plane impacts. According to the results of the observation, the measures and recommendations to be implemented will be applied. If deemed necessary by the Ministry, the Ministry may request additional measures, such as the establishment of birdwatching radars, prior to issuing an operating license. Ek
* Bilir Especially if the collision is carried out with a flock of birds, the situation is much more serious in terms of flight safety, because at the same time, many damages can occur and even all engines of the aircraft can be damaged. If such a situation occurs and all engines of the aircraft are damaged suddenly, if the plane is too close to the ground, it is possible that the aircraft will fall due to bird strike as there is not enough time and heights for the pilot to recover.
Günceleme: 30/11/2018 17:18