3-2 airplane crash due to birds. Birds scientist from Istanbul University Forestry Faculty Assoc. Dr. According to Zeynel Arslangündoğdu's account, the 3 will be built in the middle of one of the most important bird migration routes in the world. There is the possibility of at least 3-2 accident caused by birds every year.
Belgrad Forest, Istanbul Bosphorus and Terkos Lake 2005 research conducted since the Istanbul University Faculty of Forestry ornithologist Assoc. Dr. Zeynel Arslangündoğdu stated that the Black Sea coast, where the airport will be built, is one of the most important bird migration routes in the world and that the plane crashes caused by birds are a serious risk, as stated in the final EIA report published in 2013.
According to the risk modeling of Arslangundoğdu based on data such as the size of the airport, the number of flights and the amount of birds that will pass through the airspace, 3. There is the possibility of at least 2-3 accident caused by birds every year. Arslangündoğdu said, ama I attended the EIA meeting of the airport but the president did not want to make a speech. 10 is the year of bird counts in this region, the results of scientific research is obvious. 3. Airport, Turkey's asked to be done in the middle of bird migration routes where the most intense use. It's our responsibility to tell what we know. If such accidents happen in the future 'Why did not warn you on time' 'he said.
Assoc. Dr. 3 with Zeynel Arslangündoğdu. We visited the bridge connection paths
At the Atatürk Airport in Yeşilköy, the news of the 2014 hit by the 6 aircraft flocks in July and August, the authorities of the State Airports Authority (DHMİ) were working frequently on the tracks to abduct the storks, and the 68 bird firing device was bought. Arslangündoğdu, especially in the spring 3. At least 4 times the number of birds passing through the region and the accident risk is much higher than Yeşilköy.
ARSLANGÜNDOĞDU of the airport not only for air passengers Turkey is a signatory to the European Wildlife and Life Conservation of Habitats (BERN) under protection due to the Contract and that creates a serious threat to many bird using this migration route. Nearly all of the population of protected bird species uses this route for migration; for instance, the 90 of the storks breeding in Eastern Europe pass through during the spring and autumn migrations.
- As a result of stork migrations in July and August, at least one 6 airplane was hit by the flocks of birds at Atatürk Airport and the flights were blocked. 3. Will there be such accidents due to the birds at the airport?
- Due to the birds in the area where the airport will be made, the probability of a plane crash is much higher. There are two reasons. In autumn, birds migrate from Africa to Africa through Anatolia. There are also those who pass through Yeşilköy where Atatürk Airport is located, but there are alternatives to this route, for example some birds pass through Büyükçekmece, some pass through Anatolia to Eminönü, Zeytinburnu and Adalar. We know that there are even birds passing Marmara on ships. However, the only option for birds from Africa to Europe during the spring migration is 3. 10 is the corridor in the region where the airport will be built. In the autumn 50 Xnumx 100-3 thousand birds from the Atatürk Airport are passing by. We can say that the 400 thousand birds will pass through the airport, so at least 4 means more birds, so the risk of accidents at the new airport is much higher.
- Is it possible to express this risk in numbers?
We're able to imagine this with less modeling. 3. In the area where the airport will be built, there is a very dense bird migration in the spring. We have data from the 10 year in this region. 3. According to the EIA report of the airport, the planes 3 will be able to make a landing and take off in minutes. As a result of the modeling I made by taking into account only the flights to be made during the day, I have determined that at least 2-3 is likely to cause serious accidents per year. If we count the smaller accidents, the number goes above 10.
- How is this account made?
The size of the airport, the direction of the landing and take-off runways, the number of flight times (landing and departures), landing and departure directions, the amount of birds passing through the airport area airspace (daily, hourly, minute), the densities of these birds, flight routes, risk models are created by using air sizes (wind direction, temperature, sunshine times, etc.) with characteristics such as size, bird mass, flight heights. All of these factors can be used to estimate the amount of aircraft-bird collisions, periods, days and hours.
- Which birds from the airport will take place when?
There is intense migration especially in the spring through the Northern Forests. Streams, Eagles, Falcons, Pierces, Atmacalar and Doganlar pass through the Black Sea coast from March to March. In the spring about 400 bin bird uses this area. In autumn, predatory birds tend to cross north, including the number of birds using the 200 bin. In the observations made, it was determined that the birds passing through the forests located in the north of Istanbul were fed and fed. In addition, waterfowl and songbirds migrate through Istanbul.
- Which birds from the airport will take place when?
It is true to say that the 600.000 bird roughly emigrates from the area. We are committed to the protection of the birds in question by the Bern (European Wildlife and Living Environment Protection) contract. This contract protects many species, mainly stag bird species and storks. For example, the lesser spotted eagles (Aquila pomarina) migrate through Turkey 90% of the world population.
Our country is much richer than many European countries in terms of bird presence. Turkey consists of 470 the presence of bird species. In the Belgrade Forest we know that 160 is species, in general 3. Airport and 3. We are talking about 200 types in the area affected by the connection roads with the bridge. So here are about half of the species in Turkey.
25 on the road to Kemerburgaz-Arnavutköy in August, 3. stork
- Is the migration path of birds changed? 3. Can't they pass through the airport?
No, the migration route doesn't change. These routes, which were formed in tens of thousands of years, know the experienced birds and guide the herd. Migration for migratory birds whose weight weighs 4 is already extremely difficult, even a third of young and inexperienced birds die during migration. Large migratory birds migrate, not flapping their wings to consume less energy. Therefore, they do not fly over the seas, they rise above the land by drawing circles with thermal air currents called "natural lifts" and they leave themselves when they reach a certain height. These air currents are 3. The airport is built on the 10 kilometer area on the coastal area of the Black Sea.
- In the final EIA report of the airport, the risk of accidents caused by birds is mentioned. In fact, the airport is clearly on migration routes.
In the EIA report, both bird species are missing and many misinformation. 3. Airport, 3. We mentioned that there are 200 bird species in the project area including bridge and connection roads. In the list given in the EIA Report, bird species likely to be present in the project area are limited to 17. This list was taken indiscriminately from a bird book. For example, the Great Black-backed Seagull (Larus marinus) is a non-common species in our country. Many species of gulls that are common in the country are not on the list. The ornithological studies in the EIA evaluation report are short-term studies and not sufficient. In order to determine the seasonal distribution and density of bird migration, the region should be regularly monitored for at least two years. All these observations had to be made before the construction started, not after the construction started.
AT ATATURK AIRPORT WERE 8 ACCIDENT IN NOVEMBER AT AIRPORT Since April, 2014 has hit at least 8 aircraft birds. Only in July and August the 6 accident was reflected in the press.
20 August: The Nairobi expedition's THY aircraft entered a flock of birds shortly after its takeoff. Damage to the engine panels and nose of the aircraft returned to Atatürk Airport.
18 August: Budapest flying from Turkey Turkish Airlines plane crashed during takeoff storks. He was unable to make a return flight due to aircraft damage that succeeded to land in Budapest.
4 August: THY aircraft going to Istanbul from New York entered the motor during the departure. Stuck in the engine due to the flame prolongation (accumulation of flammable fuel in the fuel) aircraft, to reduce the fuel by air, 2,5 hour after the Ataturk Airport was able to land.
28 July: THY's Istanbul-Kilimanjaro airliner returned to Atatürk Airport after a short time after the departure of birds. On the same day, a passenger airplane flying to Istanbul-Berlin was hit by a flock of birds shortly after taking off, and he was taken back to the airport for maintenance.
26 July: THY's Istanbul-New York plane returned to the airport after a short period of flight. The controls that were determined not to be issued again were taken care of.
1 June: A flock of birds entered the THY plane of the Istanbul-Bishkek expedition shortly after its launch. Passengers returning to the airport and taken to the aircraft were sent by another aircraft.
30 APRIL: THY aircraft carrying Hamburg-Istanbul flight did not land on the runway as the birds entered the flock. DHMI officials closed the track to 15 minutes and collected birds.
RISK ANALYSIS WILL BE DONE DURING OPERATION!
The Final EIA Report published by the Ministry of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communications at April 2013 included the following:
* Ir The region where the airport will be established is on the Bird Migration Routes. The number of birds passing can be summarized as follows: Minimum 500.000 stork (Ciconia ciconia) and 25.000 black stork (Ciconia nigra), minimum 250.000 raptor, Major hawk (Buteo buteo), bee hawk (Pernis apivorus) and small forest eagle (Aquila pomarina). "
* Ları Risk analysis related to bird aircraft collisions can only be prepared with bird counts during construction and operation of the activity. In the spring and autumn migration period, migratory and indigenous species and wintering species will be monitored for two years and migration routes and flight routes will be determined in order to evaluate the area in terms of bird migration routes and bird-plane impacts. According to the results of the observation, the measures and recommendations to be implemented will be applied. If deemed necessary by the Ministry, the Ministry may request additional measures, such as the establishment of birdwatching radars, prior to issuing an operating license. Ek
* Bilir Especially if the collision is carried out with a flock of birds, the situation is much more serious in terms of flight safety, because at the same time, many damages can occur and even all engines of the aircraft can be damaged. If such a situation occurs and all engines of the aircraft are damaged suddenly, if the plane is too close to the ground, it is possible that the aircraft will fall due to bird strike as there is not enough time and heights for the pilot to recover.