The Decline in Railway Transportation Cannot be Hidden by Image Policies: TMMOB Chamber of Mechanical Engineers revealed that the Pamukova Accident was the result of the image policy and emphasized that the decline and privatization process in railway transportation cannot be hidden by image policies.
In a written statement made by the Chamber of Mechanical Engineers, the Administrative Board reminded that 22 citizens died and 2004 citizens were injured as a result of the overturning of the accelerated train on the Haydarpaşa-Başkent Ankara flight on 41 July 81 in Pamukova, Sakarya. The Chamber of Mechanical Engineers explained that the "accelerated train" and railway policies were more discussed before the public after this incident.
“As our chamber has determined in the transportation and railway reports, the railways have been pushed to the second plan in favor of highway-based transportation policies since the 1950s. 41 percent of the conventional lines of railways; 38 percent of the total railways were built before the Republic; Between 1923-1950 an average of 172 km per year; After 1950, an average of 45.2 km of railroad was built per year. The total length of the railway line, which was 1950 thousand 9 km in 24, is only 12 thousand 97 km per day. In other words, only 63 thousand 2 km of railways have been built in the last 493 years. The basic line construction was realized as a total of 1951 km after 742, and an annual average of 27 km. In addition, the total of high-speed train lines, which was 2009 km in 397, increased to 2010 km in 888, but the situation did not change in the last three years despite all image policies for high-speed trains. The result was an extraordinary decline in rail passenger and freight transport; high speed train application has been implemented in a very heavy and problematic way. "
-DEMİRYOLU TRANSPORTATION RATE
The Chamber of Mechanical Engineers, which attracted all the attention that the rail transport rate was 1950 percent in passenger and 42.2 percent in cargo in 55.1, emphasized that during the day, rail transport decreased to 1.1 percent for passengers and 4.1 percent for cargo. The Chamber of Mechanical Engineers, declaring that the AKP-AK Party government has been the maintainer of the policies since 1950, made the following determinations:
“The decline in the railways continued. As reflected in the statistics of TCDD, while rail transport was 2000 percent in 2.2, it decreased to 2012 percent in 1.1. The ratio in burden decreased from 2000 percent in 4.3 to 2012 in 4.1. Road transport also increased from 71 percent to 76.8 percent in freight, and from 95.9 percent to 98.3 percent in passenger. "
- "RAILWAY SERVICES WERE OPENED TO THE MARKET BY DOWNLOADING" -
The Chamber of Mechanical Engineers emphasized that during the AKP-AK Party rule, railway services were restructured within the scope of competitive principles due to compliance with the EU, liberalized and opened to the market.
“The Law No. 6461 on the Liberalization of Turkish Railway Transport, for the structuring of the General Directorate of State Railways as a railway infrastructure operator and the establishment of a company that will become a railway train operator under the name of TC State Railways Transport Joint Stock Company, was published in the Official Gazette dated 1 May 2013 and entered into force. business was opened to the private sector. Restructuring of the General Directorate of TCDD and Turkey Railway Transportation A.Ş. The 158-year-old railway, which has its pros and cons as a whole with the Law on the Establishment kazanand final liquidation of TCDD. The law on the establishment of the General Directorate of Turkish Railway Transport Corporation brings detailed regulations regarding the sale of immovables, privatizations and the future of railway workers. Thereupon, TCDD was disintegrated and incorporated, a model that considers the requirements of the free market instead of a public service approach was adopted, TCDD's immovable properties were started to be sold, and employees were subjected to precarious forms of activity. This situation is the last link of the process of deprivation of the right of transportation of the people. This process is completed with the commercialization and market opening of the railway, following the highways and airlines.”
- A BUILDING MAIN PLAN MUST BE MADE-
Chamber of Mechanical Engineers, except for road transport, safe, comfortable, fast, environmentally friendly, external dependency, energy wasting, non-causing modern and fast, infrastructure problems and negativity of the railway, airway and maritime transportation to reach the deserved level of public transport and transportation emphasized that the spread should be the main target. TMMOB Chamber of Mechanical Engineers Board of Directors gathered all the attention that a correct railway policy should be based on basic capacity such as line capacity, land, cost, service life, safety, energy efficiency, petroleum, environment and public service perspective, made the following suggestions:
- “A serious 'Transport Basic Plan' should be prepared; Within the framework of this plan, separate master plans should be prepared for railway, seaway, airline and road.
- Transport policies should be determined on the basis of the orientation towards Combined Transport, which includes the integration of road, sea, railway, air transport in a way to form a single transport chain in series, economic, environmental, safe and fast.
- Weight should be given to rail transport in freight and passenger transportation by ensuring harmony between all modes of transport, railway transportation should be increased in a planned manner.
- All the privatizations of the transportation and the railways, infrastructure, vehicles, land, facilities, enterprises and real estates and municipalities and third parties should be stopped.
- The integration of new rail systems with the usual transportation networks should be ensured.
- In transport master plans, priority should be given to lower rail and maritime systems with lower energy consumption, and the usual systems capacity and efficiency should be improved; reduction of black diamond (petroleum) dependence in transportation; legislation should be reviewed accordingly.
- Disfunctionalization of TCDD, appointment of political staff and the slaughter of experts at all levels should be ended. The lack of personnel of TCDD should be met within professional and technical criteria, not political; "Wage for performance", "total quality management" etc. applications should be removed.
Maintenance-repair shops and all facilities should be re-activated.
-TCDD'S DEBT AND DAMAGE POLICY SHOULD BE ABUSED-
The policy of TCDD's debt and loss should be abandoned.
- TCDD factories such as BUDEMSAS, Tüvasaş, Tülomsaş should be brought to the technical level to produce locomotives and wagons; the rail side industry (rail, wheel, etc.) should be invested.
-TCDD should cooperate with universities and professional chambers for the training of qualified personnel, develop vocational training and reopen vocational high schools.
Operational improvements should be made to evaluate idle capacities in railway modes; railway lines should be repaired and restructured in a serious and complete manner; Lines affecting transportation safety must be repaired as soon as possible, and electrification and signaling requirements must be met. "