Marmaray opens tomorrow: Turkey's 153-year dream Marmaray opens tomorrow ...
Turkey expects Marmaray project of history's largest and most important ... 1400 mistress Asia-Europe which will pass down to 4 minutes with Marmaray under the sea. More than 1 million passengers per day will be transported.
Marmaray has already attracted the attention of the whole world in terms of its technological infrastructure, economic size, acceleration to railway transportation and many other innovations. The giant project, which will open with the summit of the state and the participation of world leaders tomorrow, which is the 90th anniversary of the republic, will unite not only the Anatolian and European sides, but also Beijing and London with an uninterrupted railway line. Turkey, tomorrow will have to wait 150 years that dream. The first station of Marmaray is Ayrılıkçeşme, Kadıköy-It will be integrated with Kartal-Kaynarca metro line. Marmaray will be connected to the Istanbul Metro as well as the Istanbul-Ankara High Speed Train Line.
SULTAN ABDÜLMECİD PROJECTED IN 1860
Marmaray's 153 has a tough year of construction. The first thought about the railway tunnel under the Bosphorus was expressed by Sultan Abdulmecid at 1860. In the period of Sultan Abdul Hamid, the project was prepared for French, German and British. Since then, different ideas have been tried and new technologies have evolved into design. The studies of the project, outlined in 1987, have been updated on 1995. In the 1999 agreement was signed between Turkey and Japan Bank for International Cooperation. On August 2004 the first digging was hit.
2 KITA ARM 4 MINUTE
- Gebze-Halkalı 105 minutes.
- 37 minutes between Bostancı and Bakırköy.
- 12 minutes from Söğütlüçeşme-Yenikapı.
- 4 minutes from Üsküdar-Sirkeci.
'ART BOARD' TO YENIKAPI
The Yenikapı Station will have layers of civilization symbolizing the Neolithic, Byzantine and Ottoman periods. Also, the replica of the 4 and 5 12 wrecks from the XNUMX century will be exhibited in the art board.
The historical artifacts that were found in the Marmaray excavations and which brought the history of Istanbul back to 8 thousand 500 years will be exhibited at the Arkeopark and the Marmaray Museum. The first skeletons and footprints of Istanbul, Thedesius Harbor, 37 shipwreck, archaeological finds can be seen.
MARMARAY WITH NUMBERS
- It consists of a route of 13.6 kilometers.
- There are 3 stations, 5 of which are underground: Ayrılık Çeşmesi, Üsküdar, Yenikapı, Sirkeci and Kazlıçeşme.
- Tickets are 1.95 lira. Istanbulkart is valid.
- The share of the rail system in Istanbul's urban transportation will increase from 8 percent to 28 percent with the introduction of Marmaray and other rail systems under construction.
- 35 thousand historical artifacts and 13 sunken ships were unearthed in the Marmaray excavations.
With Marmaray, 425 thousand tons of toxic gas will not enter the atmosphere annually. The system was made by considering the breeding and migration routes of fish.
Source : www.aksam.com.t is