New developments related to New Metro and Light Rail System Projects, which will be realized by Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality, were recorded.
According to the information received by the Investments Magazine; work on new metro and light rail projects with a total length of 129,9 is underway.
After the completion of the studies related to the projects which are in the process of planning and tender preparation, the authorities stated that they will apply for the approval of the Council in order to make a tender announcement. After the required approvals are received, tender announcements will be made towards the end of this year or within the 2014 year.
The 2013 budget of the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality has been determined as 8 billion liras.
The subway and light rail system projects that are in the planning phase and the tender preparation works are as follows:
- Başakşehir - Kayabaşı - Olympic Village Metro Project (15 kilometer)
- Küçükçekmece (HalkalıOlympic Village Metro Project (33 kilometers)
- Bağcılar - Küçükçekmece - Başakşehir - Esenyurt Metro Project (12.5 kilometer)
- Esenyurt - Beylikdüzü - Avcılar Metro Project (17 kilometer)
- Buyukcekmece - Esenyurt Metro Project (10.5 kilometer)
- Buyukcekmece - (Tuyap) - Silivri Metro Project (32.5 kilometer)
- Bagcilar - Kucukcekmece (Halkalı) Light Rail System Project (9.4 mileage)
Source : Investments